FOTW

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Roboframer

FOTW

Post by Roboframer »

Or Fly-On-The-Wall .....

You may or may not know that we run a one-to-one (or one-to-two if the two are together ... or, at a push, not) course at our place - aimed primarily at those wishing to take/thinking about taking the plunge to retail premises .... and/or tailored to suit training on specifics or 'everything' whether that plunge has already been taken or not. It's in the directory in the left toolbar.

We have to clear the decks for these courses - make a window in the workload - but we cannot predict what might happen during the course - it's a live environment, which is what makes it different! We've had some say that the best part of the experience was watching the action at the design counter - that's not something you could build in to a structured training programme, not with real, live customers. Regards design, we can even do skits at the design counter with you taking the order from me (MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAH) or being my customer (which sometimes also warrants a "MUAHAHAHAHAAAH")!

Aaaaaaanyway - I'd like to try a totally unstructured 'course' for a reduced rate; you 'just' .. turn up for an agreed amount of time, from one day up to 6 days and be, a fly on the wall ... BUT .... You'll give us notice of course and we will still make a window in the workload so time can be taken out to concentrate on things other than we happen to have orders for - that you can specify - which we may have orders for anyway! Or/and you could just see something being done and ask to be shown how it was done in slow-time and have a go yourself - So you'll still get hands-on and we'll be talking to you all the time.

It's different - we're different!
Roboframer

Re: FOTW

Post by Roboframer »

Roboframer wrote: you 'just' .. turn up for an agreed amount of time, from one day up to 6 days and be, a fly on the wall
Edit - that's regards the whole shop, not just the workshop.
simoonez
Organisation: Dorset Framing
Interests: pasties

Post by simoonez »

I might be interested, depending on costs of course.
I have a trainee framer who I would like to get a point of view that isn't mine. He's very good at absorbing information from the bylines then putting it into practice.
Perhaps you might pm me potential costs or put something in Members section?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

PM sent.