FATG - Continuing Professional Development Clarification

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
theframer
Organisation: Icon Framers Ltd
Interests: football,fishing

Re: FATG - Continuing Professional Development Clarification

Post by theframer »

by span2iels » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:39 am

For those members of the Forum that are interested in the Guild’s Continuing Professional Development programme there are now six Read, Reflect and Learn articles on the Guild’s web-site under CPD. These cover a number of subjects from the latest on “Damage Limitation” to “Acid Free - misleading?” and “All Wedged In”

I dont understand why advertise the above on this forum if you can not read the latest on “Damage Limitation” to “Acid Free - misleading?” and “All Wedged ?
Thanks
Dave
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

theframer wrote:I dont understand why advertise the above on this forum if you can not read the latest on “Damage Limitation” to “Acid Free - misleading?” and “All Wedged ?
It looks like the CPD program is designed to be a membership benefit and an incentive to join the guild. Would fee paying members be pleased as they are paying the cost of creating and running this program from their membership fees, if non members were getting the same benefits for free? I think not!

It seems to me that the guild may have come up with a meaningful membership benefit that is not available elsewhere and that they would be daft not to advertise the fact, if this benefit can increase their membership numbers.

BTW, I am not a guild member, so I've got no axe to grind in this matter.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The quote above by 'The Framer" was taken from another thread on the subject, which confused me for a while.

Anyway maybe Mal's post should have read "For those FATG members of the Forum that are interested.........." because it is true that you cannot read them if you're not a FATG member.

I think the one's that Mal wrote are on his own website for the world to read though :giggle:
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

It does seem that the fatg are making an effort to improve and get the certification nationally recognised in the form of an nvq, for this reason I am going to make steps to join and support them in doing so, I do feel that this is a very good thing for the industry.
theframer
Organisation: Icon Framers Ltd
Interests: football,fishing

Post by theframer »

[quote="Roboframer"]The quote above by 'The Framer" was taken from another thread on the subject, which confused me for a while.

Anyway maybe Mal's post should have read "For those FATG members of the Forum that are interested.........." because it is true that you cannot read them if you're not a FATG member.

Spot on Robo i was confused and agree it should of said for FATG members of the forum.