Introduction & Invitation

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
jPaul

Introduction & Invitation

Post by jPaul »

Hello all,

I am a fellow framer from Holland, Ohio, USA. I spend a lot of time on the Grumble, as I am sure some of you do.

I have developed an idea to help distinguish Independent Framers from the Big Box / Always on Sale framers. It is FREE for all independents. You can find out more about it on this thread: http://www.thegrumble.com/showthread.php?t=29188 or by visiting www.localindependentframingexpert.com or my own website, www.hollandframeshop.com which also has links to the LIFEsm.

I hope to spend some time with you on this forum as well. I could have really used you all yesterday, as a storm had knocked my beloved Grumble off-line for over 36 hours. What to do, what to do.
Form a Co-operative Advertising Group W/Fellow Framers
www.hollandframeshop.com www.localindependentframingexpert.com
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Thanks John (Oh no yet another one!!!!!)

As a LIFE(sm) participant. Welcome to the UK Forum.

We are always here and online, just a little problem with the time difference.
John GCF
jPaul

Post by jPaul »

Thanks for the welcome John,

You are, our first framer from England to join, but I am sure we will have others soon. I'm also looking for that first Aussie, as I need to make a friend to visit. That would be my dream vacation.

John, let me know when you get the link to www.localindependentframingexpert.com on your site. And again, thanks for joining up, will look forward to see how you use your LIFEsm

Image Image

Above are just a few examples of advertising materials we are developing to promote the LOCAL INDEPENDENT FRAMING EXPERT
And these are all FREE just for becoming a member of LIFEsm. Be sure to read more about it at the above links.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum.

Fortunately, so far, we do not have competition from the big box type of operation. (Though this might be because the framers here do not charge enough for their services, making it difficult to undercut us and at the same time stay in profit.)

Had a peek at your site and was very impressed by your photo restoration examples. Superb work!
jPaul

From one John to another and another!

Post by jPaul »

John, give it time, the Big Box stores are on course to take over the world, you know.

Any Independent Framer should establish themselves as the expert to go to.! That is why I am encouraging all independents to embrace LIFEsm. Now is the time to implant the idea in the minds of your customers that your shop is the Local Independent Framing Expert in you community.

What do I get out of all of this? The satisfaction of knowing that I am able to help my fellow framers as we grow an independent, yet reconizable brand.

Here's another marketing idea for those that sell prints and posters. I can provide these files to any LIFEsm partners with space to add their own contact info.

Ps. How many John's on this forum? I know Robo from the Grumble and he is also a John.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Re: From one John to another and another!

Post by Moglet »

jPaul wrote:Ps. How many John's on this forum?
More than you can shake a stick at, JP, and the Marks are in hot pursuit! Welcome to the Forum! :D
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
jPaul

Welcome to our newest LIFE Partner!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome to Kevin Parkyn aka: Kev@Frames of Moonshine Framing, Penzanne, UK as our newest LIFE partner.

To see Kevin's web-site visit http://localindependentframingexpert.com/find.aspx
jPaul

Welcome to our newest member of LIFE!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome to Ken Appelt! Ken the Picture Framer / Muskegon Mi. 49442 our newest LIFE partner.

Ken's contact info is on our site www.localindependentframingexpert.com

Welcome Joel Cohen (Seido) of Gallery Custom Framing / Palm Beach Florida, 33480.

You can visit Joel's website by visiting www.localindependentframingexpert.com

Thanks for joining Ken & Joel,

Want to join Ken, Joel and others in LIFE? Are you wondering what LIFE is all about?

This really is all about self promotion of your Local Frame Shop. Hopefully as you promote yourself using LIFE we can build a brand that people will recognize when ever they see it. We encourage your creativity as you use LIFE in promoting your business. We will develop marketing ideas together as the program builds. We encourage you to share your ideas with other members.

You are also encouraged to invite others that you know to join as well. Some independent framers have a problem with the idea of cooperating with other local framers. I encourage you to think of it like this. Many car dealers will co-advertise together to get the reach and bang for the buck. The idea is to cooperate until you can get the customers in the door, and then you have a chance to impress them with your skills and selection. You first have to get them in the door.

The #1 objective of LIFE is to make consumers think of their LOCAL INDEPENDENT FRAMING EXPERT

MISSION STATEMENT TO THE RETAIL CONSUMER

What can a LIFEsm Framer do for you!

Besides giving you unparalleled frame designs and everyday fair pricing.

• Your Local Independent Framer’s genuinely love what they do, and have the ability to go above
and beyond to make sure you are a satisfied customer - saving you time, money and stress.

• Local Independent Framing Experts contribute to your community's economic success.

• More money stays in your community when you patronize locally-owned businesses than when you
go to a national chain - money that is used to employ local people, support local non-profits, and buy
local products.

• Independent retailers reflect the values and interests of their communities, where you can interact
with the owners of the business.

• Local businesses and organizations offer goods and services that you might not find anywhere else,
making your community a vibrant, authentic place that is different from other communities.

• Local independent businesses sponsor and participate in events benefiting the community,
and donate goods and services too local non-profits. They live here, work here, play here.

• Local business owners directly see their businesses' impacts on our environment and community,
and have the freedom to implement innovative programs to address these impacts.
jPaul

Welcome to our Newest LIFE partner

Post by jPaul »

Welcome Mary & Grahame Case to LIFE!

You have joined a growing list of framers from aroung the globe.

To see what LIFE can do for you: www.localindependentframingexpert.com
jPaul

Two more members for LIFE!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome to Ken Schwarzberg of Sierra Frameworks of Placerville, Ca.

Welcome to Maureen Innocenzi of Innovate Frame & Design / Solon, Ohio

Ken & Maureen are the newest LIFE partners, to view their contact info please click: http://localindependentframingexpert.com/find.aspx
jPaul

Another Framer Embraces LIFE!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome Terry Scidmore of The Mitered Corner, Seattle Wa. as a LIFE partner.

You can find Terry's Web-site linked on http://localindependentframingexpert.com/find.aspx

Thanks for joining us Terry!
jPaul

Another member for LIFE!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome to Carla Bates (BatesMotel ) of The Frame Shop of Conshohocken. Conshohocken, Pa.

View Carla's web-site by going to the "find a framer" page on www.localindependentframingexpert.com
jPaul

Another Framer For LIFE!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome, welcome, welcome Mar Penner Griswold, CPF

(aka Framar) of State of the Art , Buffalo NY as a LIFE partner.

You can visit Mar's homepage at the link on www.localindependentframingexpert.com
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Wahay - Mar

(Mar took me to Niagara Falls - lives within a stone's throw of it - she commutes from Canada to USA every day!)
jPaul

Another member of LIFE!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome to Tammy Lewis of Lewis Picture Framing, Amarillo, Texas as the newest LIFE partner.

You may view Tammy's web-site at: http://localindependentframingexpert.com/find.aspx

We would welcome your shop also, as a member of LIFE!
jPaul

Another LIFE partner!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome to LIFE, Angela

Angela Crompton of Frames of Mind , Louisville, Ky is our newest LIFE partner. To view her website click on this link: http://localindependentframingexpert.com/find.aspx

We have sent out several other info packets in the last few days, so we hopefully will see several more new members, soon.

Thanks to all that have joined together so far, John

USA framers currently outnumber, framers from other countries, you aren't going to let that continue are you? :shock:
jPaul

Post by jPaul »

I have a few inquiries regarding being able to change the color of LIFE to go with individuals web-site / store color schemes. While the original colors of LIFE must be used ( unless in grey-scale) I have no objection to your using LIFE within a box or frame of your using, such as the following example. Be creative if you want, you are a framer after all.

jPaul

Yet, Another LIFE Partner!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome Laurie Bray of the Frame Outlet, Bremmerton, Wa. as our newest LIFE partner.

Also happy to announce that we have also purchased the domain:

www.LIFEframer.com
This should be easier for customers to type in and it auto directs to original site.
jPaul

Another Framer for LIFE!

Post by jPaul »

Welcome to Keith Jokinen and his brother Phillip Hilden of
SOHO NORTH ART GALLERY as our newest LIFE partner.

Keith is our grumbler aka: "Keith J"

You can view their web-site at http://localindependentframingexpert.com/find.aspx

I appreciate all of the folks that request information on LIFE , who take the time to respond and let me know what they think. Even if you choose not to join, your feedback is important.
jPaul

Another LIFE partner

Post by jPaul »

Welcome Ken & Mellissa Herren of Your Art's Desire, Minnetonka, MN. 55305 as partners of LIFE.

You may view their contact information at www.LIFEframer.com on the find a framer page.