announcement of NE Branch FATG branch event

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Max Roberts
Organisation: Headrow Gallery, Leeds
Interests: Business, Music of all genres, art, aviation & travel

announcement of NE Branch FATG branch event

Post by Max Roberts »

I’ve enclosed an invitation that was sent out yesterday to the Fine Art Trade Guild North East Branch members for our next meeting to be held on Tuesday evening 24th May. Forum members are welcome to attend whether you’re Guild members or not. Our meetings are always well attended. There is a price to pay which is £12.00 each for members and their partners and non members £15.00, but this price includes a super buffet meal. It’s a great networking opportunity and we get a very good cross section of industry members to attend. You’ll know our guest speaker Jim Anderson who was at the FF event at Stratford-Upon-Avon and also at the Spring Fair NEC.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The North East Branch Fine Art Trade Guild
Social Networking is a topic which provokes lots of discussion
All members, both new and old, are invited to join us for the next NE branch gathering on Tuesday 24th May
Our regular venue, The Lodge at Leeming Bar, is easy to locate - A1 Northbound, 12 miles before Scotch Corner - and around the times of our meetings you'll find traffic flows very freely, so do please make the effort to come.
Our guest speaker is very popular and informative professional educator and presenter Jim Anderson. Jim’s talk entitled “Social Media for Picture Framers” is also very relevant to artists and other members of our industry. His presentation will be followed by a question and answer session. There’s an excellent networking opportunity for all, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We meet only three times a year - don’t miss out! There’s a fantastic buffet meal included in the price, so bring your partners and come along.
Put the date in your diary NOW! Tuesday 24th May, meeting in the bar area of The Lodge at Leeming Bar from 7.00pm to sit down at approx 7.30pm. We won’t keep you up too late - you can get home relatively early if you need to.
Price, to include the meal, is £12.00 (payment at the door). To book your places, please contact:
Maxwell Roberts 0113 2694244 or email maxwellroberts@btconnect.com
Please note that as this is a not-for-profit event, we will need to be informed of any cancellations at least one full day before the meeting.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Re: announcement of NE Branch FATG branch event

Post by Trinity »

Thanks for the invite Maxwell, a very worthwhile evening with a smashing presentation given by JIm - enough challenges there to give some real food for thought.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
Steve Goodall
Organisation: Wessex Pictures Group
Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...

Post by Steve Goodall »

I couldn't make it - but would have loved to have been there - was it a good turn out???

How many made it on the night???
It's not a secret - I work for Wessex Pictures & I'm here to help!!! you can email me at steveg@wessexpictures.com or call me on 07585 138566
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

I can't find a "smiley" for tumbleweed - but ut has been 12 hours & no one has come back...

Gesso - you are a prolific poster & were the guest speaker - so how many turned up & what was the talk about???

I want to know what I missed...
It's not a secret - I work for Wessex Pictures & I'm here to help!!! you can email me at steveg@wessexpictures.com or call me on 07585 138566
Max Roberts

Post by Max Roberts »

Hi Keith. Thanks for the comment. It was a long journey for you and it was great that you made the effort.
Hi Steve. I do have a business to run boy!! I can't be on here all the time, so give me a chance. We had a few dozen attendees. Jim was excellent as usual and it really was a thought provoking presentation. I went away quite inspired. You never ever stop learning and I for one gained a lot from the evening.....Plus of course the meal was really good! Hope to see you up at Leeming for the next meeting. I'll post an announcement on the FF site later in the year.
ps the subjet was social networking for picture framers
Gesso&Bole
Organisation: Jeremy Anderson Picture Frame Maker
Interests: Framing pictures, testing out the latest gismos, and sharing picture framing knowledge

Post by Gesso&Bole »

OK Steve, I am here!

The presentation was Social Networking for Picture Framers. In terms of numbers I think there were about 27 or 30.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the presentation. Already had a few tweets as a result!
Jeremy (Jim) Anderson
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Max Roberts wrote: Hi Steve. I do have a business to run boy!!
Boy??? This isn't the Southern States of the USA & I am not far off 50 yrs old...

Thanks for the update Max - I was only asking...
Max Roberts

Post by Max Roberts »

Only a joke Steve. I'm 39........around the neck.
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

I'm only 9 - if you are buying shoes for me :giggle: