Scotland North Branch Event - 8th May

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Louise Hay
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

Scotland North Branch Event - 8th May

Post by Louise Hay »

The Scotland North Branch Event will be taking place at the Waterside Hotel in Inverness (19 Ness Bank, IV2 4SF) on 8th May at 12.30 for 1pm start

Scotland North member invites were sent by email last week - to reserve your place (or if you'd like us to send again) please email sam@fineart.co.uk or call 020 7381 6616.

If you're not a member but would like to join us to hear Steve Goodall from Hot Press, who will be educating guests on How to Dry Mount 'Everything', contact Sam for your personal invitation. There will also be an interactive demonstration and discussion by David Simpson of Ashworth & Thompson, who will then available for any specific questions you may have for him and the branch will hold a general chat about art and framing matters.

Martin Burbridge (Branch Master) has also organised a Raffle. You are all please reminded to bring along something to help raise funds. Attendance will be charged at £5.00 for members (£10.00 for non-members).

This meeting is also the Branch AGM and candidates for Branch Master, or Regional Organiser are invited to contact me or Sam for more information on the posts.
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk
Steve Goodall
Organisation: Wessex Pictures Group
Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...

Re: Scotland North Branch Event - 8th May

Post by Steve Goodall »

Hey - I'll be there!!!

...then again if I'm not - it might be a short meeting :giggle:

I have never covered this branch before & I am keen to see what a 766 mile round trip will produce - I am sure it will be worthwhile!!!

So who is coming up from the guild in London to support the AGM???

Maybe I could buy you dinner....
It's not a secret - I work for Wessex Pictures & I'm here to help!!! you can email me at steveg@wessexpictures.com or call me on 07585 138566
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

Not often things happen round my neck of the woods so it would be great to meet up with Steve.
Pat
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Watch out Steve!

[youtube]q_a1wxqloEs[/youtube]
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

That's the trouble with the Ramblers Association.....

They go on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on... :giggle:
It's not a secret - I work for Wessex Pictures & I'm here to help!!! you can email me at steveg@wessexpictures.com or call me on 07585 138566
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Hey Louise - I have just seen that you will be attending the FATG Southern Ireland (or to be correct ROI) meeting on the Sunday after this one - it looks like you are a pretty busy person - "leading from the front"...

My question is - are you - or anyone - from London coming up for this AGM for Scotland North???

Please advise as I would love to hook up with you if you are....
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

During the process of setting up my workshop in the Kinlochbervie gallery I purchased most of the moulding chevron samples from the 2008 Lion catalogue. To reduce overheads I am now working from the croft and no longer have the room to display them. If there is anyone coming to Inverness on sunday who can take them off my hands (foc) I will bring the boxes down with me. I guess many will still be in the current catalogue.
Pat
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Judging from chatter on twitter (wot yer on ther) - we may be a little "thin" on Sunday...

If anyone has a wood burning stove these chevrons might keep you warm - along with my lit packs :giggle:

I can't seem to get an answer from London to say if anyone is coming or not - which seems like a "No" in my book - a polite answer would have done - silence speaks volumes - sometimes...
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

OK - it's Saturday & it's 6 o'clock - off to Inverness now...

Sat Nav says 383 miles - note to self - check fuel gauge at Perth ...

Hope to see some of you there & a full update to follow!!!

TTFN
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

:D UPDATE :D

Well I made it to Inverness & back for the members of the FAT G up there. Best part of 400 miles each way & some lovely scenery (and a lot of road kill).

I set up at 11am on Sunday & a rather "flushed" Dave Simpson from Ashworth & Thompson arrived at 12:15 for the 1pm kick off. Dave explained that all the roads around the hotel were CLOSED & he had to park about half a mike away & walk in.

I suspected SABOTAGE - but it was the annual Inverness Fun Run - honestly - you couldn't make it up :Slap:

The hotel hadn't bothered to mention this to the FATG organiser & we expected a zero return on our investment.

These highlanders are sturdy folk though & 16 arrived on time for an afternoon of fun & hot pressing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The only downside to the day was that the two serving organisers were standing down at the end of their term & no one was keen to take up the role - so I think I got to see them just in time :?

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made it & I would be happy to come up again - even if it was for a "privately organised event" - rather than an official FATG meeting.

As for the fun run - well let's just say I didn't win it :giggle: