Meet, Learn, Celebrate 11& 12 June 2011

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Steve Goodall
Organisation: Wessex Pictures Group
Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...

Re: Meet, Learn, Celebrate 11& 12 June 2011

Post by Steve Goodall »

Exhibitor feedback time - Having spoke to the majority of exhibitors we would like a spread sheet with the visitor contact details that Sam & Debra were logging on the front desk.

This would allow us to see how many people came - their business type / location / email / tel no etc - so we can follow up on the show & recover some costs.

As for the pricing of FF versus MLC - I would need to check my invoices for the exact pennies - but it wasn't "a bit more" - for £200 I got double the space at FF for around the same price (£250?) I got half the space at MLC.

One exhibitor (who shall remain nameless) told me he hadn't paid for his spot at all - email me privately for more info (if you need to) - but needless to say I was not impressed by that...

As for FF & MLC merging - perish the thought - they are very different animals & we don't want a predigree mixing with a mongrel - do we???
It's not a secret - I work for Wessex Pictures & I'm here to help!!! you can email me at steveg@wessexpictures.com or call me on 07585 138566
Max Roberts
Organisation: Headrow Gallery, Leeds
Interests: Business, Music of all genres, art, aviation & travel

Post by Max Roberts »

Steve. The comments you make about spread sheets etc are things you should be addressing to the guild direct and not on a public forum. I'd also like to know what you are implying in your final sentence and how it should be interpreted. Who are you saying is the mongrel and who is the pedigree because you are going to offend one or the other. As far as free spaces are concerned, that is mischief making Steve. If someone was given a "free" space (which I'm unaware of), there would have been a reciprocal arrangement of some kind in place. I really don't understand what you are trying to achieve by these posts Steve. Our event and the publicity that things such as ABT will give to you go towards the costs of exhibiting. We will look at our pricing for future, but this was a first time and we will learn. If you have critisisms or comments, of course you are entitled to voice them, but do it to the guild and not via secret emails to anyone who wants to know, or below the belt comments on forums.
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Max. My comments re a spread sheet were addressed to the guild - along with Permajet – on the day. I thought it a useful idea.

As for my final sentence... With a 101 year history I am sure no one would accuse the FATG of being a mongrel & maybe it is an odd description of the forum – maybe “elder statesman” & “new kid on the block” would have been more apt – no offence was meant & I am sure none of the forum regulars or mentors have taken any.

As for costs – I had no problem with the cost – I merely wanted to correct a previous comment that the 2 events had similar exhibitor costs. If correcting a comment is mischief making – then the forum would be a very quiet place – which I am glad to say it isn’t...

As for “secret emails” – you misunderstand – the offer was to you guys – not the world in general – I will send you a pm now with the details & you can come back to me in private – not on the public forum.

As you know I am in Leeds today – you would be more than welcome to come over for a coffee & a frank chat - if you would like.
It's not a secret - I work for Wessex Pictures & I'm here to help!!! you can email me at steveg@wessexpictures.com or call me on 07585 138566
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Post by Framerpicture »

The new kid on the block would appear to have more members than the elder statesman- Every thing changes!
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Better pedigree too perhaps - focused on framing and un-influenced by suppliers. :D
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Exhibitor Feedback - UPDATE!!!

A big thank you to Louise & all the FATG team for turning the visitor information data around so quickly. I have just received my visitor data spread sheet from MLC.

I know what a pain it can be trying to log all the data from an event (I have accumulated around 9000 contacts in the last couple of years) so Thank You All xxxxx :clap: :clap: :clap:
Louise Hay
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

Post by Louise Hay »

No problems Steve; just sorry it wasn't a longer list!
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

A rep called in today, just on the off-chance, from a company I do have an account with but do very little business with. S/he attended the event (the company had a stall) and the pros and cons were detailed, but the main thing was that most framing businesses are similar to mine - husband and wife team - maybe with a few staff; we have three.

Those three could run the show without us for short periods and have done, but on a Saturday, one or two of those (the third does Saturdays anyway) would have to stand in for one or both of us ... and be paid to. Saturday is our busiest day.

... and after that busiest day - Sunday - our only day off together, if we are to have a 'work' related day out, it needs to be something special! Otherwise we just like to chill. Busiest day of the Spring Fair is always the first day, the Sunday - so they at least worked all that out. I am surprised though, that with the location being so central, that more with not so far to travel did not attend on the Sunday, even if just out of curiousity!

Still - had I/we attended, we would have placed the same order that we gave this rep today - nice stuff!

On a personal note, another bad point for me is that my 3 kids and 2 grandchildren live in Milk 'n Beans and I couldn't attend an event so close without incorporating a visit, and that as well, all in one day, and then back to work the next, would totally do me in and I'd be all 'Basil Fawlty' on the Monday - probably for a couple of days actually.
Louise Hay
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

Post by Louise Hay »

Thanks for the feedback - the timings and day of the week is something we will be looking at especially, when planning for 2012.
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk