YORKSHIRE - I 4 Imaging - Roadshow

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Steve Goodall
Organisation: Wessex Pictures Group
Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...

YORKSHIRE - I 4 Imaging - Roadshow

Post by Steve Goodall »

Hot Press & many other fine companies are exhibiting at The I 4 Imaging Roadshow – this coming Wednesday – 15th June 2011 in Yorkshire...

10 great companies – all in one place – all on the same day!!!

Weetwood Hall Conference Centre
Otley Road
Leeds
LS16 5PS
0113 230 6000
10am to 4pm

You don’t need to register to attend & admission is free – with coffee & biscuits too!!!

Exhibitors include...
Fuji – cameras & printers
Permajet – inkjet media & ink flow systems
Mario Acerboni – finest Italian albums & folios
Hot Press – print finishing equipment & materials
onOne Software – photoshop plug in software
InFocus – insurance for photographers
Butterwick Wells – hand made albums & folios
C41s – full professional lab services
DPM Wallbank – imaging wholesaler

If you are a Hot Press user – please check under your bench before coming – as we are offering some great deals - on all our materials & equipment – please note you can also “Mix or Match” the products.

If you aren’t currently a user – then please come & see how easy it is to create stunning finished work.

Please consider this as your invitation to come along & join us for five minutes – or stay or all day!!!

Full details can be found here... http://www.i4imaging.co.uk

Have a great weekend!!!
Your too late I'm afraid - I retired in April 2024 :sun:
Steve Goodall

Re: YORKSHIRE - I 4 Imaging - Roadshow

Post by Steve Goodall »

A quick thank you to all those that braved the traffic around Leeds & the confusing weather - to come & see us at the i 4 imaging roadshow yesterday.

To get a feel for what these events are about - we compiled a little youtube video - here is the link...

We had a good few framing visitors - as the photo & framing markets have so much cross over these days - so you might be interested to check out some more events that are coming up in the autumn - details here...

http://www.i4imaging.co.uk/

http://www.biggerpictureroadshow.co.uk/
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Looks good Steve. The version on the actual You Tube site worked better for me. The one in the link kept stopping and starting.
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Hi Rolf - sorry about that - I am unsure why that was the case - I thought it was a straight link - I will investigate....

Rest assured though Bigger Picture is coming to Belfast in 2012 - but keep it under your hat - or "bill" as you are a pelican :giggle:

These shows are "the future" & they "are growing" - small / friendly / no need to register / no sodding seminars - just 1 on 1 help & advice from loads of companies "all in one place - on the same day" - it works - some folk should take note :Slap:
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Free coffee & biscuits too!!!
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

There's nowt wrong with a good seminar Steve. They're the thing that get people to the event in the first place, although the free Yorkshire tea and biscuits goes down well too. And as for pelicans -

A wonderful bird is the pelican.
His beak will hold more than his belly can.
He can take in his beak
Food enough for a week
But I'm damned if I see how the helican.

Still it'll help keep us going 'till 2012!!!!

Rolf
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Hey Rolf - I hate to disagree - so I won't - as such....

...but...

I have been doing "talks" for nearly twenty years now & whilst they are great fun (or like to think so) - a seminar seems like a "good idea" until you realise that a good "1 on 1" chat with an expert is faster & so much more pertinent to what you need to know...

I love nothing more than getting up in front of a crowd - PLUG - you can see me 3 days on the trot in Sydney next week END OF PLUG.

But when 10 to 20 companies pitch up on your doorstep - they can't all do a seminar & god forbid - if they did it would be a day that was so intense it would blow your mind & you would go away so full full of "sh1te" - you couldn't sort the wheat from the chaf!!!

Informal - easy going - free coffee - places to sit & chill - lots of stuff to see - no seminar time table - stay 5 mins or all day - no need to register - demos as required - knowledge that is pertinet to "your business type" - samples & literature that apply to you...

Doesn't that sound like more fun???

I commonly see folk at shows who say - "I want to find out more - but I have to go to a seminar" - NONSENSE!!

If the seminar is that good - why resrict it to a 1 on many talk??? - webinars - training schools - literature - youtube videos - pdf's - hand outs can all do the same job!!!

Vanity & "appearance fees" keep seminars going - I must add at this point that I HAVE NEVER taken an appearance fee & those that have been to see me will know why :giggle: If you are going to give a talk it must be a "one off" event - such as a FATG meeting - where you are the sole attraction (I do love those - THANK YOU INVERNESS & GOOD NIGHT)

Seminars "kill" shows for those that "purely exhibit" & it is a cruel fact that it is the exhibitor who "pays for the show" in the first place - or....

If it wasn't for the guy with the stand that you ignored on the way into the seminar - there wouldn't be a seminar - FACT!!!

Great shows are just that - great shows - with personal presentations on every stand & for those who think they can make a living by just free loading with a "talk" - guess what - you had better think about paying for a stand...
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Good point. Seminars are all right but I never find one a spring fair that I would want to go to. As you say a one to one with an expert is far better any day than a seminar with 30 other people vying for the attention of the speaker. Sometimes however seminars on topics which a re not related to a specific product ie about marketing might have their place. But as you say Steve you are paying for that and you would prefer visitors to be on the stands.
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Yeh - it is just a viewpoint & I must stress here that I am talking about the photo trade here - not the framing trade.
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

i think a mix of both is the way

also like steve does his demos with 10 people etc at the hotpress days they work too
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

different strokes - pure trade show / pure training school / pure evening seminar / pure product demonstration / pure work flow set up / pure drop in day - I do them all - but not on the same day...
Max Roberts
Organisation: Headrow Gallery, Leeds
Interests: Business, Music of all genres, art, aviation & travel

Post by Max Roberts »

I understand your point of view as an exhibitor Steve and I sympathise. On the other hand I also think that there has to be a balance. At the FF event there was a similar problem in that the exhibition room emptied each time a seminar started showing the strong desire for a seminar programme. I joined the guild about 25 years ago. I felt then as I do now that I would use it as a learning tool. I happen to be interested in all aspects of the industry. I don't claim to have the detailed knowledge of many of you out there, but through seminars, the guild, FF, exhibitions etc etc I've built up my own knowledge base over the 40 odd years I've been around the photographic and art business and what's more I continue to learn every day, so yes to trade shows, yes to seminars......but I do understand Steve!
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

The framing trade isn't that bad Max. The guild evening branch meetings offer good talks on all kinds of subjects - but in the photo trade an evening meeting would see some poor souls standing at the back - after being told they could show their stuff - but everyone is looking the other way at a speaker.

The MLC wasn't so bad either on the seminar side - good topics & short timings - it is "wall to wall" seminars that cause a problem for an exhibition hall. If seminars are short & well spaced out folk will use the gaps to have a proper look around & the hall doesn't "die" for an hour at a time.

I have been to some shows where people "appear" at 5pm - looking like "death warmed up" as they have up since 7am & have been running from seminar to seminar all day - and what did they learn - that you can only take in a certain amount of information in one day :Slap:

If folk want more seminars we need more shows - not just loads of them at one show.

I repeat here - it is the photo trade that is the worst for this - I just hope the framing trade doesn't go the same way...
Max Roberts
Organisation: Headrow Gallery, Leeds
Interests: Business, Music of all genres, art, aviation & travel

Post by Max Roberts »

Points taken Steve
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

THIS HAS BEEN & GONE - LET'S SOME CLEAR SPACE FOR NEW EVENTS!!!