North West Branch event 22 June 2011

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Louise Hay
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

North West Branch event 22 June 2011

Post by Louise Hay »

The North West Branch event will be held on 22nd June 2011 7pm for 7.30 start, at Slater Harrison's mill in Bollington, near Macclesfield, Cheshire (full address Lowerhouse Mills, Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 5HW).

North West member invites were sent by email last week - to reserve your place (or if you'd like us to send again) please email sam@fineart.co.uk or call +44 20 7381 6616.

If you're not a member but would like to join us you'll be more than welcome - just contact Sam or me for your personal invitation.

Brian Bogie, Sales Director, has very kindly agreed to give us a personal tour of the works and lay on a buffet supper.

I will be making a trip up from London, and whilst the main purpose is the factory tour and chance to learn more about mountboards I would also be glad to hear your ideas for the Guild, going into the future. Maxwell Roberts, Master of the Guild, will also be there and hopes to meet you all.

This event is free, but please confirm by Monday if you wish to attend so we can plan catering.
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk
Samantha Marshall
Interests: Looking after Guild members

Re: North West Branch event 22 June 2011

Post by Samantha Marshall »

Unfortunately we have had to postpone this event as so few people had confirmed they were able to attend. We hope to re-schedule it for later in the year.

My apologies to those who HAD confirmed and were looking forward to this :(

Sam

Samantha Marshall
Membership Manager
Fine Art Trade Guild
Samantha Marshall, Membership Manager
Fine Art Trade Guild
sam@fineart.co.uk
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Please do post the re-arranged date.

I am in east Midlands who meet on a Thursday which is about the one night of the week I cannot make so am thinking of getting to other regions for their meetings and this looks an interesting event.

Was tempted by Wessex region's meeting in Stockbridge, Hampshire this week but just a bit to far for a night out!
Max Roberts
Organisation: Headrow Gallery, Leeds
Interests: Business, Music of all genres, art, aviation & travel

Post by Max Roberts »

We'll certainly keep you posted on this gathering. Such a shame that it had to be postponed. I'm selling mountboard product practically every working day and here was a rare opportunity to see the process in action. I was really looking forward to it. We will get it together a bit later in the year as mentioned. By the way, I went to an East Midland meeting last year hosted by Mainline and it was excellent
Samantha Marshall
Interests: Looking after Guild members

Post by Samantha Marshall »

Jonny2morsos wrote:Please do post the re-arranged date.
I will (or Louise will) - I promise :)
Jonny2morsos wrote:am thinking of getting to other regions for their meetings
You'd be very welcome to do so John! Coming up in July (details to follow soon on the FF/Guild website), we have:
- London Branch Event, 14 July in Reigate, Surrey
- Cotswolds Branch Event, 19 July (venue tbc)
- North East Branch Event, 19 July (venue tbc, but often held at The Lodge, Leeming Bar)
- East Midlands Branch Event, 20 July (a Weds - not a Thurs - does that mean you could go?!) (venue tbc)
- South West Branch Event, 21 July in Clyst St Mary near Exeter, Devon

If you plan to attend, either reply to the local organiser directly or email me: sam@fineart.co.uk

Hope everyone enjoys their local (or, if travelling from afar, not-so-local) meetings!

Sam Marshall
Membership Manager, Fine Art Trade Guild
Samantha Marshall, Membership Manager
Fine Art Trade Guild
sam@fineart.co.uk
Louise Hay
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

Post by Louise Hay »

Well, as I'd already booked my travel I went anyway and had a fascinating private tour of Slater Harrison's mill - thank you Brian for that :D. I can't understand why anyone in our industry wouldn't be interested in finding out more about one of our fundamental materials! We will be scheduling another chance in September so do look out - I'd recommend it. They don't just make mountboard - there were some amazing embossed products in production and a coating machine working away - I'd never thought about how they actually make gold wrapping paper, but I know now...

Louise
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk