Guild West Midlands Branch Event 8 September

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Louise Hay
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

Guild West Midlands Branch Event 8 September

Post by Louise Hay »

The next meeting of the West Midlands Branch will take place on Thursday 8th September 2011 at Bevere Gallery, Bevere Lane Bevere Worcester, WR3 7RQ at 7pm

Bevere Gallery, near Worcester, have kindly volunteered to host and give us an insight into how they manage their Gallery, Framing Workshop and Cafe to maximise footfall and increase their profitability. The meeting will also include the AGM of the Branch and we will need to elect a new Branch Master (or Regional Organiser) and Treasurer.

This will be a good opportunity for members to see something different and socialize with other Guild members and friends. A buffet will be available at minimal cost and there will be no charge for the meeting.

Members and non members alike are most welcome, please do confirm your attendance ( or send apologies ) as it would be helpful to know numbers attending by Monday 5th September 2011 to Kim Smith GCF on 01547 540593 or email kimsmith@schoolhousecrafts.co.uk .
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk
Roboframer

Re: Guild West Midlands Branch Event 8 September

Post by Roboframer »

The Wessex thread has had some plugs re it's location.

Well, let me tell you about this one - 'Bevere' (pronounced 'Bevery') is on the (extreme) outskirts of Worcester and if your address is in Bevere - you're minted! There are some beautiful homes there - and at the right time of year - mistletoe - you've seen nothing like it.

My brother lives within walking distance of this gallery, (delete 'RQ' in the postcode and insert 'EJ' - that's my bruvver) and every time I visit him we all don our wellies and take a walk along the Severn and call in at this place for a browse and a cup of tea and a sticky bun in its upstairs cafe on the way back - I have photos, many, but on the workshop PC.

'Different' is an understatement - this place is in the middle of nowhere down a country lane with 'passing places' - I'd love to attend and just might.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Yeah, I took a look on Google Street View but dare not show the Mrs becuase of all the " Why can't we run a place like that"

Reckon its about 2-21/2 hours drive form us. Might even come along.
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Post by YPF »

According to Google maps it's a mere 4.6 miles and 13 minutes for me. I shall be going.

Steve
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

How did it go? I nearly went! My brother has 'the builders in' though and seeing as a visit to him was 80% of the attraction, I wasn't about to shell out for a hotel.
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Post by YPF »

I had a thoroughly good time. Welcome drinks and then an introduction to Bevere Gallery by the owners - it is quite some place! There was plenty of good food and drink and the opportunity to have a good look round their operation. The best part for me was the chance to talk at length to other framers; being a sole trader has its disadvantages.

Steve
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk