FATG North East Branch meeting

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Max Roberts
Organisation: Headrow Gallery, Leeds
Interests: Business, Music of all genres, art, aviation & travel

FATG North East Branch meeting

Post by Max Roberts »

I've enclosed an invitation that was sent out today to the Fine Art Trade Guild North East Branch members for our next meeting to be held on Tuesday evening 18th October. Forum members are welcome to attend whether you’re Guild members or not. Our meetings are always well attended. There is a price to pay which on this occasion is £5.00 each for members and their partners and non members £10.00, but this subsidised price includes a superb buffet meal. It’s a great networking opportunity and we get a very good cross section of industry members to attend. Our guests are Louise Hay, CEO of the Fine Art Trade Guild and Joe Davis, Sales Manager at D & J Simons

The North East Branch Fine Art Trade Guild
NOT TO BE MISSED!
An open forum on the art and picture framing trade

All members, both new and old, are invited to join us for the next NE branch gathering on Tuesday 18th October.
Our regular venue, The Lodge at Leeming Bar, is easy to locate - A1 Northbound, 12 miles before Scotch Corner - and around the times of our meetings you'll find traffic flows very freely, so do please make the effort to come.
Our guests are the Fine Art Trade Guild CEO Louise Hay and Joe Davis. Joe who will be known to many of you is Sales Manager for D & J Simons. There’s an excellent networking opportunity for all, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and the usual excellent round the table dinner discussions will be followed by an open forum about the future of our art and framing industry, led by Joe, Louise and Max. We meet only three times a year - don’t miss out! There’s a fantastic buffet meal included in the price, so bring your partners and come along.
Put the date in your diary NOW! Tuesday 18th October, meeting in the bar area of The Lodge at Leeming Bar from 7.00pm to sit down at approx 7.30pm. We won’t keep you up too late - you can get home relatively early if you need to.
D & J Simons are generously sponsoring our meeting enabling us to cut the cost of admission including the meal, to only £5.00 for members and their guests and £9.00 none members (payment at the door). To book your places, please contact:
Maxwell Roberts 0113 2694244 or email maxwellroberts@btconnect.com

Please note that as this is a not-for-profit event, we will need to be informed of any cancellations at least one full day before the meeting.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Re: FATG North East Branch meeting

Post by Trinity »

Doesn't seem that long away now - very much looking forward to it Max.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
Max Roberts

Post by Max Roberts »

It should be a really good discussion. When you consider how the art and framing industry has changed in the last 5 to 10 years, it makes you wonder what's going to happen in the next few years. I'll tell you one thing for certain and that will be that there'll be plenty of opinions in the room on the night. Should be informative as well as fun! It'll be good to see you. Max
Max Roberts

Post by Max Roberts »

Hi again. Final opportunity to book a place for Tuesday's meeting of the NE Branch at Leeming Bar. Let me know if you want to come by either leaving me a message on the phone, or by emailing me. We have to let the venue know numbers attending by Monday morning because of the catering. Should be a good gathering and all are welcome members or not. See the announcement for details.
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

Good luck with it Max.
Louise Hay
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Art, Framing, Glass blowing, Ceramics, Cooking (& eating!), Making stuff, Brixton Community Base

Post by Louise Hay »

Hi everyone - looking forward to seeing you all at this event.

I keep hearing how great the venue is - hope it lives up to the reputation.
Louise Hay, CEO Fine Art Trade Guild
louise@fineart.co.uk
Max Roberts

Post by Max Roberts »

Thanks Grahame. I'll post a very short report about the meeting which will hopefully be of interest to the Forum.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

If ever there was a timeous post this was it. Totally forgot, nothing in Outlook, so thanks Max - see you later
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
Max Roberts

Post by Max Roberts »

Don't know what I'd do without Outlook! :?