News for Irish Picture Framers:- New Picture Framer Supplier

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

I met David Woods yesterday, and he told me that he has gone on his own for Picture Framing Supplies.

You can contact David as follows…..

Glenwood Moulding Ltd.
Unit 27
Newtown Business & Enterprise Park
Newtownmountkennedy
Co. Wicklow

Tel: 01 2011678
Fax: 01 2011528

Or you can get David on 087 2709233

His location is great just about 25 to 30 minutes south on the N11 from the Red Cow roundabout……….with buckets of free parking…….

I wish David and the rest of his crew all the best…..

Please note…..I have no commercial interest in Davis’s business I’m simply posting here as I’m sure his business is a welcome addition to the picture supply business in Ireland.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Dermot,

If you see Dave again you could remind him that he is also a member here - joined in July 04.

He might want to update his profile in light of recent events.
Lemon_Drop

Post by Lemon_Drop »

Well at least Glenwood Mouldings have taken the trouble to email their price list so it can be used and updated on the Estlite and BBEst software programs. Seems like they are off to a good start. :D
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Charlotte of Glenwood Mouldings keep emailing me every month with their specials list but have so far have failed to respond to any of my emails.

I had asked for details of their range and a catalogue but no response. :(
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Lemon_Drop

Post by Lemon_Drop »

Hi Birdman,
I like Dermot have no commercial interest in Glenwood Mouldings, I'm just a customer of theirs. They have been up and running since october or there abouts. The catalogue that you have requested is being printed, I think.

In my opinion for what its worth, I think they are a good company. In fact I have moved them up to being my second supplier months ago. Any orders I have place with them I have it the next day and nothing seems to be out of stock, and nothing seems to be to much trouble for them.

Like Dermot said give David Woods a ring, or Alan Maguire, Alan's number is 087 2132223.

The emails of special offers seem to be sent out in mass every month, so maybe they are using an email account just to do that. I dont know, I dont email in orders to them or any of the other suppliers. I think most people just phone, or maybe I'm getting old fashioned. :roll:
birdman

Post by birdman »

Hi Lemon_Drop,

Thanks for the endorsement, it seems that they may well be worth investigating using the AGB system (Alexander Graham Bell).

You make a good point about the automated email system, although most companies would tell you not to reply to these emails if that was the case.

Has anyone in NI used them and if so what are their prices and delivery like?
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
birdman

Post by birdman »

Hi Dermot and Lemon-Drop,

Good news, I think someone must have dropped a hint because Glenwood rang me today. The catalogue is not ready yet so they will be paying me a visit in the near future with some samples.

They were very apologetic at not having responded. I'll let you know how we get on.... :D
Rolf Lawson GCF
My status
Lemon_Drop

Post by Lemon_Drop »

Hi again birdman
Glad to know they got in contact with you. Dave Woods is a member on this forum, so he must have seen your post.

Most suppliers are members here or if not watch this forum to see whats been posted.
Post anything negative and if its a good company you usually get an answer back.