venton kl3 backing board

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

venton kl3 backing board

Post by kev@frames »

for those in the south west:
Ventons KL3 backing- I lose track of shaun's backing board codes but I think thats what it is (no doubt someone will correct if its wrong) - we've been trying this for few weeks and its great. Single kraft lined gum tape sticks very well, 2.7mm thick, very flat and stays very flat. absolutely clean cuts on a wheel cutter (keencut) and seems fine in the cmc. Boxed in 25s.
apparently at a budget board price, but nice and dense (heavier)
worth trying out as an alternative to wkl7 or dkl7, and the single kraft lining makes no odds if you are using barrier layers anyway.
thought I'd give it a plug as its a good product.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: venton kl3 backing board

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Kev,

I know about SK1, SK/Cons, DKL1 & WKL7. Shaun's been getting quite a range of different backing boards.

So what's the DKL7 then? I haven't heard about that one! Sounds interesting, is that like the WKL7, but without the waterproof coating?

I'll needing another box of backing boards soon as I've used the last of the DKL5, which has now been replaced with the WKL7, so I might get so samples of the new ones before deciding what to order.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: venton kl3 backing board

Post by Not your average framer »

BTW, I stock quite a range of backing boards to cover different needs and uses. I use the SK/Cons for ready made frames (purely for appearance), the SK1 for general use, the DKL5 for jobs where the art won't easily lay flat against the mount window, 4mm Correx for waterproof framing, plus 5mm Foamlite when I need an extra stiff backing board.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer