LifeSaver Software Inc. is moving to the UK!

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
ecrowe
Organisation: LifeSaver Software, Inc.
Interests: Software and Business Development for the Bespoke Picture Framing Industry

LifeSaver Software Inc. is moving to the UK!

Post by ecrowe »

To help familiarize everyone with their software LifeSaver will be doing a series of seminars throughout the UK starting in on August 31st and running through September 10th.

The seminars are free and will entitle you to some very unique discounts on the software however there are a limited number of stations available for each session so please register to join us at the seminar nearest you by visiting us at: http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/go/lifesaverUKRelease

Using provided laptops you will have an opportunity to get hands on experience with the entire suite of software from LifeSaver including their award winning and top rated Point-of-Sale and Bespoke Picture Framing software through to their innovative FrameVue visualization and finally into their web tools including WebOrdering, WebRescue, and WebReports. Having attended the seminar you will have a solid understanding of the software, how it can benefit you, and how LifeSaver will be supporting you during your implementation and beyond.

Of course if you would like to have an opportunity to download and familiarize yourself with the software prior to these sessions you can always register for and download a trial version of the software from our website at: http://www.lifesaversoft.com
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: LifeSaver Software Inc. is moving to the UK!

Post by Steve N »

What are the prices of your software, I can't find it anywhere on your site, :head:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
ecrowe
Interests: Software and Business Development for the Bespoke Picture Framing Industry

Post by ecrowe »

Steve,

Thanks for your posting. LifeSaver Point-of-Sale currently sells for £540 and FrameVue is £240. However, at the risk of keeping you in suspense, we will be offering a substantial discount during the seminars in September some of which are posted in our advertisements in the August issue of Art Business Today and Picture Business.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Thanks for that, will take a closer look later
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Post by Framerpicture »

Tried to download a demo and there seems to be a problem with post code (zip code) It doesn't seem to recognise Uk format?
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

is that price a one off or is it a yearly cost?

does it also handle euro currency and dual vat rates?
ecrowe

Post by ecrowe »

Framerpicture wrote:Tried to download a demo and there seems to be a problem with post code (zip code) It doesn't seem to recognise Uk format?
Thank you for the notice of an issue with the registration and your interest in the software. I'm sorry to hear that the registration didn't work immediately for you. I've done a quick test using a Birmingham post code of: B2 4ND and it seemed to work but I may not fully understand the issue you've encountered. I've sent you an email on this so that I can manually register you for a trial of the software and will email you back with the download links and license codes.

I'll dig into this further but if anyone else has a similar problem please let me know and I can manually create the account for you.

Thanks!
ecrowe

Post by ecrowe »

stcstc wrote:is that price a one off or is it a yearly cost? does it also handle euro currency and dual vat rates?
Thanks for the great questions. The pricing for LifeSaver is an initial fee for the first year followed by an annual maintenance that is much less, I really should have been clearer on that point. Our current pricing is above for the initial fee and for the first 12 months. The annual fee is £240 for LifeSaver and £120 for FrameVue. That said we are making a special offer to all attendees for our seminars so please register for a class near you to be able to take advantage of both the special pricing as well as the hands on training!

The purpose of the on-going fee is to pay for active development and support of the software ensuring that we are constantly improving the software and adding new features and tools to make your lives easier and / or your shop more profitable. On the support side we provide live support to anyone who downloads our software including phone and remote connection support using a local UK phone number and / or Skype. Our 4 person support team located in our office in the US has an average of 11 years of experience supporting and training on the software so please give them a call even if you are using the trial license!

With regards to the Euro, the answer is both yes and no. If your vendors provide pricing in Euros then we can also provide that pricing to you also in Euros. However, I believe all of the vendors we have spoken with in the UK are providing us the data in £s at the moment. If this is an issue for you that they be in Euros we can definitely make this work. Please let me know.

Finally dual VAT rates, are you referring to VAT and No VAT? If so then the answer is yes. If you are asking about something else though please let me know and I would be happy to get you an answer.

Again, thanks for the great questions! Please keep them coming :D
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

the dual vat rates

ireland has 2 rates,

13.5 and 23% at the moment

13.5 is for services and 23 for goods
ecrowe

Post by ecrowe »

stcstc wrote:the dual vat rates ireland has 2 rates, 13.5 and 23% at the moment 13.5 is for services and 23 for goods
Ah, thank you for the clarification, I understand now what you were looking for. The dual rates are pretty common in America as well. Unfortunately to simplify the configuration a bit for stores in the UK we removed the second rate from the configuration screen. I have spoken with our development team about this and they said it is a simple matter to re-enable this.

Actually, once this is in place you'll actually get to see a great pricing feature in LifeSaver where you can classify certain services and charges in the material or labour (services) categories.