Steve Goodall - An Announcement...

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Steve Goodall
Organisation: Wessex Pictures Group
Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...

Steve Goodall - An Announcement...

Post by Steve Goodall »

Firstly & most importantly – I would like to start with a massive “thank you” to all those who have given me the “reference of a lifetime”. If I were looking for a job – this would have been a great place to get any prospective employer to look. Reading all your kind words has been a truly humbling experience & I am lost for words – a bit of a first for me!!!

Secondly – I would like to apologise for my absence over the last couple of days & at this crucial time in my career. But let me explain – it will make you giggle…

Whilst returning my car / computer / keys / phone / show materials / literature / exhibition banners / laminators / samples etc – to the Drytac offices in Bristol – I forgot something rather important!!!

For Hot Press has always provided an extra phone line to my home office – which is the line I was using for my broadband & as agreed this went off line at 10am on Friday (DOH).

I have been able to view the forum & DEEP JOY’s thread – but it seemed very inappropriate to try & send a reply with the limited functionality of my iphone – so I have waited until I could get proper access.

If you were not in the 3,459 people who received the email from Drytac on Friday – basically it said – not a bad guy – been there a long while – will be missed – left on amicable terms – contact the office if you need us…

A pretty fair assessment & it certainly was amicable – if you know what I mean!!!

For the record & as a pre-amble to my future endeavours – this is how I have ended up here today...

Studying photography (1979 to 1981) – this is when I first discovered the joys of a professionally dry mounted print.

Partying (1981 to 1985) – don’t ask too many questions – but it was fun!!!

Joined Hargreaves Photographic (1985 to 1993). Hargreaves were a family owned & very well respected National wholesaler with regional depots / a great catalogue / dedicated van deliveries (this is a clue).

Then (1993 to 2012) I joined Hot Press – travelled the World – met loads of great people – grew a lot older & just a little bit wiser.

So finally we get to the announcement…

As of Monday 3rd September I am very proud to announce that I have joined the team at Wessex Pictures. As you will no doubt know – Wessex are a family owned & very well respected National wholesaler with regional depots / a great catalogue / dedicated van deliveries!!!

If you are still wondering - why Wessex??? The statement above is plain to see – I am going “back to my roots” – a broader product range – family values – team spirit - trade counters - local supplies & support. I looked around long & hard when I first decided it was time to move on from Hot Press & both my head & my heart told me that this was the logical choice for me. Luckily Wessex saw it the same way & they have some great people – so I am really looking forward to being part of the team.

Now – if you want to contact me – my new number is 07585 138566 & my new email is steveg@wessexpictures.com – but don’t forget to delete my old details – as they are not in use.

As hard as I tried I couldn’t leave nineteen years of experience & knowledge in Bristol, but as Wessex are a Hot Press dealer, I will be continuing to offer advice to anyone who needs it – on the forum & at a number of trade events.

Thanks again for all the kind words – it means more than you will ever know. Hopefully I will see many of you at FF Live – I will certainly be there – wearing the “Team Wessex” shirt & a big grin.

Steve (formally Mr Hot Press)
Your too late I'm afraid - I retired in April 2024 :sun:
Grahame Case

Re: Steve Goodall - An Announcement...

Post by Grahame Case »

Brilliant Steve, we still get the pleasure of dealing with you! I
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

so does this mean there might finally be a wessex ireland ?????

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Post by DEEPJOY »

Well - I will be the son of a suck egg mule!! :clap: :D :P :o :shock: 8) :ninja: :clap:

Deepjoyousness :clap:
prospero

Post by prospero »

Pleased to hear you will still be 'In the Trade" Steve.

Mr. Hot Wessex now. 8)
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I didn't think you you would have moved far. Does that mean you are going to be based up here, will you be calling on me ?

:clap: :clap:
fusionframer
Organisation: Fusion Picture Framing
Interests: framing

Post by fusionframer »

I assumed with all that knowledge and experience, Steve would be doing the deliveries for Wessex in the South West on a Wednesday. :D
www.fusionframing.co.uk

Never trust a dog with orange eyebrows.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Steve, you will have to change all your 'trademark' Black shirts for White ones now...

Good Luck on your new venture, see you at FFLive
John GCF
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Post by Bagpuss »

Blimey, didn't see that coming !? Well done Steve :clap:
I was reading the posts over the last week whilst in Lourdes and I have never seen such an out poring of grief since Diana Princess of Wales was sadly taken from us so suddenly ... :D I would have lit a candle for you out there but I'm not Catholic ...

When I read about your home line/broadband being terminated it reminded me that when I left the City in 2009, I had to call the Networks department 2 years after I left to tell them they might want to terminate my home line/broadband :clap:

Best of luck at Wessex, another great company to add to your CV .
cheers,
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Steve, glad to hear that you will still be around and we can still count on your humour, experience and "can do" attitude. Don't suppose you will become the Wessex NI/Irish rep by any chance, that's in between doing the deliveries of course :giggle:

Good luck in your new home.

Rolf and Sam
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Tyto
Organisation: Wild Norfolk
Interests: Photography

Post by Tyto »

Good to know you will still be around Steve, good luck with the new job
Peter
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Congratulations for your new position Steve!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Thanks again everyone - I have had so many texts / emails / phone calls today - all wishing me well - it has felt like a birthday!!!

Yes Alistair & others - I will be dropping in!!!

If you are on a delivery run up North you can also expect a new "drver's mate" - as I want to get a full handle on everything the team does & that includes the van service.

As for shirts - well they maybe custom at the moment - but Wessex shirts look pretty cool in black - "so slimming" - well I think so :giggle:

Adam - enough said (big wink) - I knew it would come as a big surprise to you (bigger wink) - you are a class guy & 2 years of free broadband is no more than you deserved :clap:

I will keep you posted on my progress & I have lots planned - so the next 3 months should be a blur - but for now - I am guessing FF Live will be my first opportunity to catch up with everyone - so please remember - if you want to chat - call me - 07585 138566 - or drop me a line steveg@wessexpictures.com - I'm still here & I am ready to help with any Hot Press type questions...

Steve - the Duke of Wessex :Slap:
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I dunno why but when I heard it was Wessex I assumed their nice new shiney London Branch, just up the road from me!

Good luck anyway Steve - see you at FFL.

The guy that put the sex in Wessex, ho ho ho (slaps thigh) - bet that's not been done before.
BigBazza
Organisation: Frame by Frame
Interests: Allsorts!

Post by BigBazza »

Congratulations Steve,

By a strange coincidence, we just took our first order from Wessex this afternoon, and so far very impressed with the service.

Good luck in your new venture and if you ever make it up to sunny Prestwick, the kettle is always on!

Take care

Barry
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

BigBazza, aye, we saw your stuff on the van when it was here for our delivery.
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

Steve,

Congratulations! What a win for you, a win for Wessex, and actually a win for HotPress. :D

All the best.

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

fantastic Steve. if you get up as far as the Midlands then you must pop in. We also do REAL coffee for special guests.

This will raise the Wessex profile :cool:

Steve
Steve Goodall

Post by Steve Goodall »

Hey Barry - I saw your order & dropped you an email - rest assured I will be up soon to see you for a good chin wag.

Thanks also to Graham & Mary for your kind words - via the Oldham branch - it means a lot!!!

Mr Raines - Sir - praise from a "legend" such as yourself cannot be bought - so I will do my best to live up to your expections - THANK YOU :D

Steve - I can smell the coffee from here - & you are indeed just on the bottom border of the Northen patch - so I would hope to pop down in the near future to see how we can be of humble service.

Thanks to Martin - from Lion for the good luck message too - a nice thought & appreciated.

Lastly for now - I would like to thank all the guys at Ashworths - for taking the time to indivually drop me a line with their best wishes & good luck messages. Gentlemen - you are a class act & I will really miss working with you all - truly the best!!! Though we will be competitors in some areas - you will always have my utmost respect :clap:
philipsheldon
Organisation: Ashworth & Thompson Ltd
Interests: JUDO / NFFC / CRICKET / REAL ALE ...oh, and Life in general.

Post by philipsheldon »

Hi Steve - What a shocker !

Sort of like TEVEZ moving from Utd to City. Never saw that or this coming ! I hope Wessex paid a Man City - like transfer fee !

Very best of luck for the future & thanks for all of your help over the years & your kind comments from the last posting you made.

Phil.
There's nothing I can do if it don't get through, blame it on the Pony Express !
There's nothing I can say if it's gone a stray, blame it on the Pony Express !