Centrado - new name in framing supplies wholsale

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Centrado - new name in framing supplies wholsale

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Customers of Tawnycraft, Northamton and Hinton Wholesale, Cambridge now will be aware that these companies are merging and will commence trading as Centrado from 1st October from new premises in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.

Through this forum I would like to wish this venture every success and say how much I have valued the services of Tawnycraft since the demise of Mitrecraft in Lincoln. All of the companies mentioned are family run with very high principles in their business ethics and I look forward to continuing my relationship with them.
strokebloke
Organisation: Turn Around Artwork
Interests: Photography, Wood-turning, Wood Carving; Bench Joinery, Cycling:
Learning new framing techniques!
Precision engineering

Re: Centrado - new name in framing supplies wholsale

Post by strokebloke »

I knew nothing of the merger, though Karl did tell me a couple of months ago that they were re-locating to Huntingdon.
I shall miss them as they were only 5 minutes drive from me, which meant if I wanted something quickly, I could resolve it within the hour.
I'm going to have to rethink my strategy now (possibly carry more stock) (advise customers that there may be a weeks turnaround due to ordering from suppliers)
Maybe also look at ordering from Wessex [Leamington] and Arqadia [Bedford], as well as Centrado.
http://www.turnaroundartwork.co.uk
Good advice is best learned, rather than simply listened to.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I think you will find customers won't mind waiting a week or so. I get their delivery on a Friday so for anyone placing an order that day I don't even get the materials for a week and it has rarely been an issue.

If you have the mount board in stock there is no reason why you can't mount the work do the back and glass and "make a sandwich" ready to drop in the frame on delivery day.
strokebloke
Organisation: Turn Around Artwork
Interests: Photography, Wood-turning, Wood Carving; Bench Joinery, Cycling:
Learning new framing techniques!
Precision engineering

Post by strokebloke »

Yes, that's probably what I shall finish up doing.
It is what I already do, to a certain extent. All of my 'clean workshop' stuff is done at one time and then I go down into my 'dirty workshop' where my Morso & underpinner are, and make all of the frames for the stuff upstairs. :) Then back upstairs to assemble
The 'dirty workshop' is designated as such, because it houses my lathe/saws/routers etc :oops:
http://www.turnaroundartwork.co.uk
Good advice is best learned, rather than simply listened to.