Framers Forum Live Event : An Announcement

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Grahame Case

Framers Forum Live Event : An Announcement

Post by Grahame Case »

Dear Colleagues,

Firstly, i'd like to thank all our supporters and suppliers for their assistance and patronage at our previous forum events. Without you, none of what we have achieved so far would have been possible. I would especially like to thank John and Trish Noy for all their hard work in making the event a success, without them we wouldn't have lasted as long as we did.

At present, we, the current organisers feel we have taken the idea as far as it could go.

There will not be another Framers Forum Live Event in the current format organised by the current team.

The Forum Trade Event may continue if someone else wants to take over the running of it - perhaps suppliers or a group of forum members. They would of course need to speak to Jolly Good Framer for information on the event and John McAfee, to ensure they could use the forum name

Thank You

Members of The Framers Forum Live Event Team
seesaw101
Organisation: Focussed Framing
Interests: Framing, Reading, Gardening, Motorsport, Cricket, Good Cabernet or Pinotage

Re: Framers Forum Live Event : An Announcement

Post by seesaw101 »

As a 'newby' and having attended my first event in 2012, I am, along with many others I am sure, sorry to see the possible demise of "The" Event. :(
I found it most enlightening.

I am sure that I echo the sentiments of many colleagues when I say that you and the 'team' will be sorely missed. Thank you for your efforts Graham & 'Team' and sincerest best wishes for the future.

Steve aka seesaw
Remember.- Don't insult the Crocodile 'till after you cross the river.
REM
Organisation: Image Saved
Interests: Natural world, Hill walking, Photography, Photoshop, Rock & Folk music.

Post by REM »

I heartily agree. Many, many thanks for all you, and the fantastic team, have done in the past.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

Sincere thanks to Graham and the team for sticking their heads above the parapet in recent years and showing the potential for a dedicated Framing event.The organisation of FFL must have taken hours of freely given time. It's a great pity attendance at last years event did not match expectations, it seems we'll all miss the very thing that the few supported.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

What a massive shame, I fully expected this event to become the number 1must visit event for the British framing world, I only knew about it through joining the forum last year, I only came across the forum by chance and did not know of its existence but for a chance Google of something I needed to know, I was unable to attend last year due to family stuff, but was looking forward to this years event.

May I suggest trying to recruit suppliers into advertising the forum, this could be mutually beneficial, I know many suppliers see this forum as a scary thing they have to be ready to defend them selves against, but it does not have to be that way, Steve from wessex, Sam from framers corner, bazza from mainline, Sarah from gunnar and john from Valiani demonstrate this perfectly. I think suppliers should see this forum as a opportunity, and advertise it to customers as a help point, stop worrying about customers detecting to competitors, I will happily point a customer to a competitor if I can't help.

I know you all regularly check in here, reps have mentioned that bosses check, so use it you fools.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I think that the FFLive event team should be congratulated for succeeding in creating and running the event so far. It can only be described as a truely amazing accomplishment. Most industry events like this involve much large teams and sources of finance.

The miracle is that such a small team with no previous experience in event management managed to achieve so much. This was a truely remarkable result, requiring enormous committment and those team members who performed this extraordinary feat fully deserve our respect and congratulation.

Well done and thank you to all concerned.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I would like to echo the sentiments of the other post here, well done to you all and thank you :clap: :clap: :clap:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
AllFramed
Organisation: AllFramed
Interests: Framing, Photography, The Clarets, Chateau Musar

Post by AllFramed »

That is a shame. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of years from both learning and social perspectives.

Thank you for organising them.
There's more to the picture, than meets the eye. Hey hey, my my.
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Post by DEEPJOY »

This is a real shame as mentioned above I will miss the crack with you all. :shock: :cry:

It is understandable to think that if there is no remuneration for the organisers then how can you expect people to put the effort in to make a show like this to fly. Even if everyone associated with the forum put in a members fee and this coupled with advertisers / sponsors, I guess this would make it not possible to happen.

Deepjoy