Flogging a dead 'orse

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Roboframer

Flogging a dead 'orse

Post by Roboframer »

Larson Juhl 'Marais' moulding and mount fillip. Mount - alphamat artcare 'Mocha' - rebate spacer. Frame sits in a shallow black box as it didn't have the rebate depth required. Letter is melinex-encapsulated - note at bottom is a photocopy of back of letter.
horsehair 016.JPG
horsehair 016.JPG (290.67 KiB) Viewed 4843 times
horsehair 017.JPG
horsehair 017.JPG (336.42 KiB) Viewed 4843 times
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Flogging a dead 'orse

Post by JohnMcafee »

I like it a lock. :)
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Really like the choice of colours you've used there :)
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I always liked that Maree moulding it does have a nice victorian feel to it but in a contemporary way. :clap: :clap:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Nice colour combination. It's got that lovely old fashioned historic look. Just right!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I miscalculated the mount margins, they were supposed to be 6" top and bottom and 4" left and right, and so they are, but that was supposed to be to the outer frame, less the rebate lip as normal.

But because that's what it was cut to and because the outer frame sits IN an outer box, the mount goes under the WHOLE outer moulding, that's why the bottom title aperture is so close to the moulding - wasn't supposed to be and after all that work we had to have a good look at it and decide if it was a problem.

Decided it wouldn't be - as you do! (IOW crossed our fingers and hoped for the best - otherwise total re-do)

Customers loved it, thrilled actually.

But then she said to her husband ..... (and just in case you have not read the title aperture it says "A lock of my favourite chestnut mare's hair, killed by over exertion, to my shame") ........ "Maybe I should get a lock of your hair framed, with a note saying I rode you too hard"

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

I like it, it's very well done, and a beautiful sentiment for the client to keep forever. I think more people should be aware of the potential of framing because you really can get some wonderful things done!