Military Display Piece

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Smiffy
Organisation: Frame
Interests: Wood, glass & v-nails

Military Display Piece

Post by Smiffy »

Thought I'd share this - a REPLICA Sig Sauer pistol framed for an ex army colleague of mine. Didn't take any more than an hour, well once the pistol had half of it painted!!

Moulding, a very deep open grain black from DJ Simons (PHOE/0035)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (142.59 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (85.11 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
Geoff

Re: Military Display Piece

Post by Geoff »

very nice presentation! :clap:
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

I'm always interested to know the methods of mounting objects - can you advise how you done yours? :)
Smiffy
Organisation: Frame
Interests: Wood, glass & v-nails

Post by Smiffy »

With the customers consent, 3 strategically placed drill holes in the reverse side, which allowed me to fix into place with thin wire. The pistol isn't too heavy, so I mounted onto a single sheet of mount board, with a small piece of backing board directly behind the holes where the wire goes through for added support.

I have framed more expensive replicas before now, but as you go up the scale they have more realistic parts, allowing wire to be looped around various things without any drilling.
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

I like it, very good. It's also great that you got the customer so involved with the process - I think it's better that way, as they are then able to understand exactly how you got to the finished product.