Can't you read!

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Roboframer

Can't you read!

Post by Roboframer »

cord not 2.JPG
cord not 2.JPG (89.36 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
cord not 1.JPG
cord not 1.JPG (116.13 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
Came in for glass replacement, customer said that's how he bought it and had never even read that label! I didn't take it any further.

The MDF was bowed in the frame and I guessed that was down to it being hung from the backing instead of the frame itself, but no, when I came to re-assemble I couldn't get it back in without trimming a couple of mm off, it had been shoe-horned in.

Who's going to accurately position two wall hooks for those hanger things?
prospero

Re: Can't you read!

Post by prospero »

Strange, because I have noticed if people have a framed picture in their hands they invariably take about two seconds looking at the front and then precede to flip it over and gaze closely at the back as if in a trance. I don't know what they expect to see there ( the Hanging Gardens of Babylon - herds of wildebeest.... etc). The next phase in this mental fugue is to ask "Is he a local artist". But that's another story......

I think it's part of human nature to resist what you subconsciously perceive as an 'order'. People just don't like being issued with commands.
How many times have you read a warning sticker on some gizmo that tells you not to do soandso but never why you shouldn't do it? The first thought is to do the forbidden thing just to see what happens.

Now if that label had added - "or it could fall off the wall at 3am in the morning, demolish all the ornaments on the shelf beneath and leave deadly shards of glass on the floor for you to tread on in your bare feet", then that would be better.
There again some folks just can't be arsed to read it in the first place.. :lol:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I think this guy and maybe whoever put that cord on (bet it was him) cuts his own hair, most people use a hairdresser and are used to being shown the backs of their heads; I'm thinking of putting a mirror behind the counter so people can see the back of their frames same time as the front.

When he collected I opened the door for him and watched him take it to his car, parked over our double-yellowed drive, with two signs, the official "at any time" and our unofficial "Keep clear, drive in constant use" The Nielsen van, complete with eye-rolling driver was waiting to get in.

Sussed!
prospero

Post by prospero »

My drive makes a very convenient place to back in to turn round. Not that I mind greatly, but sooner or later I come along the road to find someone who having backed in are waiting to come out. Winker on I wait patiently for them to move out. But not easy for them as I am blocking their view.

Do a lot of eye rolling me. :roll: Not to mention finger drumming on the steering wheel. :giggle:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About