Alexia Sinclair Print

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Pro-Am
Organisation: Pro-Am
Interests: Running after 2 year old daughter, no time for anything else.

Alexia Sinclair Print

Post by Pro-Am »

Some time back I asked forum members to suggest framing options for this print, it was finished some time ago and still hangs in the shop whilst the customer is doing renovations. She went with a ornate black moulding and mottle blue matt. Happy with the outcome, although a nervous dealing with my first high value item. I mostly frame what is printed in store so I can always, make a new original, not in this case.

I commenced framing around February with the firm plan to only frame what is printed in store (I have a photo lab) however it would seem word of mouth gets around and about 50% of my custom work is for items brought in off the street. Yesterday a lady came in with a sample of her Great Grandmothers needle work dated 1895 to frame, so back to the books and net to find out how to do it properly.
Attachments
IMG_9815 small.jpg
IMG_9815 small.jpg (333.46 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Re: Alexia Sinclair Print

Post by David McCormack »

Looks good. I would say you make the right choice in going for the dark look and also covering up the white border with signature was the way to go :yes:
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/