microfiber cleaning cloths

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
markw

microfiber cleaning cloths

Post by markw »

For those of you who use these clothes you will know how good they are - but very expensive - Tesco now sell them at £1 each - if you haven’t tried them they are very good - you can clean glass using just plain water - although i prefer to use the water meths combination as it tends to dry quickly and doesn't smear.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Thanks for the tip Mark. I will look out for this cloth the next time I am in Tesco's. I assume this cloth is re-usable.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Update.

This cloth is great, I think it has actually been improved by its first wash.
markw

Post by markw »

John - I have half dozen cloths - they seem to get better as they age - not quite so much grab after first wash - so you can use less cleaning fluid. I have used so many different cloths over the years - concluding that plain linnen gave me a good finish - untill these things came along. You can clean the glass using a slight spray of plain tapwater - but i find a meths water mix dries faster.
I clean glass on a ribbed rubber surface - material available from Lion - this is very effective at stopping the glass sliding around, less chance of cutting yourself - more confidence in applying good pressure to the cleaning cloth - with the advantage that any glass splinters drop into ribb valley - Pretty boring subject - but if you think about it the ability to clean glass is fundemental to picture framing - I know that if i get a piece of work that just wont go into the frame clean - the only answer is to take out the glass and reclean thoroughly - cursing myself for not cleaning it properly the first time.