Striving for excellence

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Graysalchemy

Striving for excellence

Post by Graysalchemy »

Obtaining framing excellence is something we all strive for, making sure that corners are tight glass clean and no flumps in the frame.

But sometimes you get jobs when you have to try a little harder to make it look...........
_DSC4863.jpg
_DSC4863.jpg (341.1 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
_DSC4866.jpg
_DSC4866.jpg (436.04 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
_DSC4876.jpg
_DSC4876.jpg (453.98 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
Cr*p

This is for a chain of bars and when I did the first did the first one it was noted that they weren't distressed enough so this time I went the extra mile bought a rasp to distress them and bashed them with a hammer. :giggle: :giggle:

The client loves them :D
prospero

Re: Striving for excellence

Post by prospero »

Epic! :clap:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Post by Rainbow »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

I've done several pictures for someone who brings me vintage framed pictures that he's picked up at auctions, and wants me to fit different prints into the frames, with a new mount. This customer has a Victorian house which he's filled with vintage furniture and artefacts, and he wants everything to be genuine. So if the frames show their age (and they do!), so much the better because it means they're genuinely vintage. I've put one of them on my web site http://www.polkadotpicturesleeds.co.uk/ ... restoframe, and if you look closely, you can see where bits of the frame have broken off. But the customer loves it :D
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Yes these are for a Thai restaurant, they are themed with all sorts of junk to make them look like a Bangkok street market, old bikes beer crates and old TV's adorn the walls and shelves.

These pictures will all hang from the ceiling they are double sided with two frames joined together.
Whitewater Gallery
Organisation: Whtewater Gallery
Interests: Surfing, sailing

Post by Whitewater Gallery »

I have to get into this market, I will never have to complain about courier damage again! :shock: