Big Moma!

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Roboframer

Big Moma!

Post by Roboframer »

"Moma" (possibly pronounced "M-oh-ma" - don't ask me) is the Nielsen range the outside frame is from, it's a real oak veneer. The inner frame is also Nielsen "Shabby Chic" to give a sort of mount effect .. and a lot of strength. 5mm acrylic between the two frames

Outside size is 1940x810.

Artwork is on fairly heavy good quality paper and we did nothing to it, it just sits in the inner frame with a load of space above it and it seems to be sitting nice and flat. We did discuss wet or dry mounting but decided to see what happened if we did nothing first, there are only 25 of these prints and if it is to be stuck down in any way, it won't be by us.

Why do no framing suppliers do acrylic more than 3mm thick? (Bar the stupidly expensive truvue optium stuff)
Attachments
moma 002.JPG
moma 002.JPG (2.71 MiB) Viewed 10837 times
Graysalchemy

Re: Big Moma!

Post by Graysalchemy »

Thats a baby John, its not even filling the bench.

This one did and took four of us to fit.

I always buy acrylic from a sign suppliers its much cheaper.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

You didn't have to worry about static and flumbs though, just four bits of wood really :giggle:

I use sheet plastics https://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/

Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I bloody well did. They had another restaurant in leeds and they made me go back to take the tiniest speck of dust out on site. Admittedly not as big as that one but it still took 2 of us to take it off the wall take the back off and re assemble all before service started at lunch time.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I thought it was a mirror :Slap:
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

No its actually a very expensive photo of an old colonial house. I think even I would struggle making a mirror that size though I did make 2 once 2.5m x 1m. I had nightmares for years about them falling down. Thankfully that restaurant has now been refurbished and the mirrors are gone.
caro
Organisation: Manor Farm Studios
Interests: making stuff with wood, glass, metal, textiles, paint. Big friendly dogs.

Post by caro »

Yeah I thought it was a mirror
MOMA : museum of modern art ?
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

I like it!