Floated newspaper

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Floated newspaper

Post by Not your average framer »

Oh! Gotcha. I'd have to use the hedgehog method and japanese tissue. Not neccessarily easy to get it to look perfect. Old newspapers are not usually completely flat and possibly not square either. Did you have any problems with the newspapers not being flat, when you did these?
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

This is one I've done. You may recognise the newspaper?
It came to me in an ikea frame with perspex cover, so I decided to use the perspex and mountboard to sandwich the newspaper in place. I used a couple of tiny hinges near the top to keep it in place although they were just to be safe.
Attachments
27.jpg
27.jpg (447.98 KiB) Viewed 5064 times
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Not your average framer wrote:Did you have any problems with the newspapers not being flat, when you did these?
Like I said in the first post, I was pleased at how flat they came out; they are not perfectly flat like they would be if dry mounted, but that's good. They had been folded in quarter, you can see the fold marks, but after a week under weight and a bit of work with a bone folder, they were pretty good.
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

The last thing you want is for them to look flat! If you want something flat then take a photocopy of it. This is a piece of ephemera, embrace its three-dimensional nature.