Training

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
stripethespringer
Organisation: Leafyglen framing
Interests: Scrapbooking, Picture Framing, Photography

Training

Post by stripethespringer »

Hi, being new to the framing business, what would you recommend in terms of training.

Been on a one day course already using Morso, mountcutter and underpinner. Looking to further this but one sales rep yesterday advised me to avoid any additional training and just train as I go once i get my one machinery up and running.

I know I would certainly need more training in the finer points and to get to a " profressional" level.

Any suggestions?
w00dward
Organisation: Just here
Interests: 42

Post by w00dward »

I understand the 1 day business course run by Lion is a very good one to attend.
Paul.

Alcohol does not make you FAT
- it makes you LEAN ….
against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

I believe you will make quicker progress (read more profit) by going on a one to one training course .....
And in Bromsgrove, not far from you is Roy Rowlands..

http://www.hedgehog-art.co.uk/
Give him a call - I'm sure he can tailor a course to suit your needs.
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Keith Hewitt wrote:Give him a call - I'm sure he can tailor a course to suit your needs.
I've had one to one courses tailored to my needs by Mike Royal and also Pete Bingham. It makes a lot of sense to do so and I've been reaping the benefits ever since. It's well worth doing.
bexwell

Design a course.

Post by bexwell »

There seem to be quite a few people who would like to go on a course that is a bit beyond the basic, anyone interested in getting together and designing one that 4-6 of us would like to go on, we could then try and book a trainer- economy of scale and all that! :P
Bexwell.
summer-data

Re: Training

Post by summer-data »

Hi, being new to the framing business, what would you recommend in terms of training.
i'm also new, i can use all of the equipment and felt i needed something more than a basic course but more basic than an advanced course! (you follow?) :? anyway i contacted roy rowlands through lion and he's putting together a bespoke course for me and my staff. not only that but he's coming to us so we train with our own equipment in our own shop. he was very helpful, we're looking forward to expanding our knowledge.