MORSO CHOPPER

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't

MORSO CHOPPER

Post by Guest »

BECAUSE OF SHOP SPACE RESTRICTIONS, I NEED TO PUT MY MORSO CHOPPER ON WHEELS. HAS ANYBODY EVER DONE THIS BEFORE, OR DOES ANYBODY HAVE RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOW THIS OUGHT TO BE DONE? :lol:
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Guest,

This looks like a dangerous proposition. Far form mounting on wheels, our chopper is securely bolted to the floor, that way it remains stationary on those occasions when it has bitten off more than it can chew.

If you find a way to do this, please let us know.

p.s.
Always glad to have a guest post a message, however you may not be aware that, by the rules of Netiquette, text in uppercase is viewed as 'SHOUTING!'. 8)
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Morso

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Guest,

This can be dangerous, but if attacked in the right way, can prove to be a fruitful purpose.

In another framers workshop, I noticed her morso was on wheels, to allow her movement across her workshop to cut very large pieces of moulding, i.e. 14 foot, etc. But the difference was, hers wheels were retractable and / or lockable. The main thing was the morsop itself was bolted to a small cut down wooden pallet, making it at least 4 or 5 inches higher than the norm.

Be careful, it should be either bolted down or failing that not able to move while in operation. But needs must and all that.

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre