Masking tape again (illustrated)

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Masking tape again (illustrated)

Post by Merlin »

You know since I asked John to include this section, my workload on re-works has really increased. Which in a way is such a shame, although thankyou, I will still take the trade.

As you can see only too well. Masking tape, but also in this piece if you look really close at the moulding, you will also see diamond points.

Not only now do we have the glue residue from the tape, but also RUST from these points.

How many more ways can framers ruin people work?

Does Anybody else have pictures of bad workmanship? I bet you do !!

So please display and help me out here and let us educate the new framers before bad habits start creeping in. I say 'newbies' coz the old timers wont change their ways. It has worked in the past so will work now!!
John GCF
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Masking Tape

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi,

Some will say, some will even shout from the rafters that its our customers that need educating. Education (like charity) SHOULD begin at home, in the case of picture framing methods and standards, the education needs to be drummed in at source. No matter what art and framing organisations / manufacturers do for the good of the industry with regard standards, etc., there is no legislating for this type of work.

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Steven
Totally agree withyou. Its the framers who need educating. That is why I believe that this section could become very good at WHAT CAN GO WRONG with the work if the wrong materials/techniques are used.

By the look at the number of 'views' these are getting, something is working.

However, we do need some more inputs, so come on guys and gals, get your camera out. I dont believe that you do not do any rework. Or are you just shy.
John GCF