Computer Assisted Decision Making??

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
JB183244D
Organisation: Dordogne
Interests: Food, cooking or eating

Computer Assisted Decision Making??

Post by JB183244D »

Does anyone know of a computer program where I can take a photo of a customers work, load it onto my laptop, and then shown them their work with different coloured mounts surrounding it ?

Earlier this week, one of my younger, computer literate clients, photographed his work with a sample of moulding next to it and managed to 'stretch' the moulding round the artwork by using Photoshop. If only I could do that easily, it would save a lot of uhmmming and aaahing when clients are trying to decide!
w00dward
Organisation: Just here
Interests: 42

Re: Computer Assisted Decision Making??

Post by w00dward »

Try Pre-view http://pre-view.biz/ its made John who runs this forum.
Paul.

Alcohol does not make you FAT
- it makes you LEAN ….
against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.
JB183244D
Organisation: Dordogne
Interests: Food, cooking or eating

Post by JB183244D »

Cheers,

Thanks for that,I've downloaded the trial, it'll give me something to play about with....

Mark
prospero

Post by prospero »

Never used visualisation software, but I have often done mock-ups on the PC. PaintshopPro is better than Photoshop for this. I's not so complicated (and cheaper). I do this most often when the customer is a long way off and can't get over in person. An artist customer once ordered a frame over the phone. He usually has the same style gold frame, but this time he wanted a silvery/grey/blacky/pewtery colour (his words). I told him to photograph the painting and e-mail the photo. I made the frame, finished it silvery...etc. Then photo'd the frame, spliced in his photo and mailed back the resultant pic.

I never saw the actual painting. He is still trying to figure out how I got the picture. :shock:

Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About