Spaced "ripple" frame using the router.

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Geoff

Spaced "ripple" frame using the router.

Post by Geoff »

A simple frame profile using spaced ripple mouldings made with the router. made for a contemporary portrait
Attachments
ripple frame made with the router.jpg
ripple frame made with the router.jpg (71.77 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
BeatnikFraming
Organisation: Beatnik Framing
Interests: Photography, music, art, crafts

Re: Spaced "ripple" frame using the router.

Post by BeatnikFraming »

This is really excellent! Could you describe in a bit more detail how you made it? Is it a modified frame moulding using the router or did you make the moulding from scratch? I use a router a bit myself so I wouldnt mind learning your technique on this one!
Geoff

Re: Spaced "ripple" frame using the router.

Post by Geoff »

Thank-you for your question. Unfortunately I cant say too much about the piece of equipment I have made used to rout all sorts of ripple effects on timber as it is currently a patent pending idea. It's use is aimed, like myself, at the picture framer/cabinet maker when almost any router profile could be used to produce a ripple effect on timber. The effect can be continuous but in this example it is spaced. It can also be more pronounced if needed. Other effects can be achieved "basket weave", " wave reeding" seen on German/Dutch frames. Will have to post some examples.