use of the router in picture framing.

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Geoff

use of the router in picture framing.

Post by Geoff »

With aide of a simple custom made piece of equipment, the router can offer a different aspect in making and adding detail to otherwise plain wood mouldings. The wave moulding and rope were both additions to plain profiles. The rope is simply 10mm dowel.
Attachments
using the router in picture framing.JPG
using the router in picture framing.JPG (58.89 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
A3DFramer
Organisation: Collectors Cases
Interests: Virtual 3D Model making, Digital Graphics.

Re: use of the router in picture framing.

Post by A3DFramer »

Those are great examples of creating your own product, I have found all your examples a breath of fresh air in a commercial environment that is getting more and more stereotyped, I hope that the creative craftsman starts to get and hold a place in the market place. Cheap throwaway rubbish has driven so many creative and innovative products out.
Geoff

Re: use of the router in picture framing.

Post by Geoff »

Thank you for your comment. I'm hoping to have one piece equipment I use to make such effects, "Ripple" etc available to anyone sometime next year. Anyone with simple woodworking skills can achieve a whole range of effects. Would be interested to hear from any framers that might be interested in using such a product. It has a wide range of uses in many aspects of woodworking too and is not going to be an expensive item.