contemporary frame, distressed white gold

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Geoff

contemporary frame, distressed white gold

Post by Geoff »

A contemporary approach to a "kent" corner style frame. The whole frame was gessoed as normal, water gilt in white gold which was later heavily distressed and toned. The flat was to resemble a distressed "ox blood" polished surface and was again heavily distressed. Apologies for the photo not showing a completely square frame.
Attachments
white gold.JPG
white gold.JPG (56.26 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
A3DFramer
Organisation: Collectors Cases
Interests: Virtual 3D Model making, Digital Graphics.

Re: contemporary frame, distressed white gold

Post by A3DFramer »

Impressive work. :clap:

The profile and size and finish reminds me of a very expensive moulding I bought from Magnolia Mouldings in the early 1980's, though the flat center was a medium mahogany veneer. I was left with a 5ft offcut, which I had for about twenty years. Then I had to make a trophy for a national agricultural breed societies championship, so I turned the moulding on edge and made a plinth.
Geoff

Re: contemporary frame, distressed white gold

Post by Geoff »

I'm not familiar with the frame section you mentioned. The site and back edge profiles are from cutters I had made. Both the sections were rebated and were fitted to the flat section of the frame. These individual profiles have been used many times as frames in their own right. I note your comment about using the moulding on it's side to make a plinth, I should think that looked very effective and impressive too!