Drawing software

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.

Drawing software

Postby Ed209 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:44 pm

Just had a Valiani mat pro ultra 150BC installed today and although it’s early days still got to find my way round V Studio just wondering what others use ie Illustrator, Coral, Inkscape, Affinity or anything else to import in to V Studio.
Loving the Valiani from what I’ve seen so far, going to have a little play tomorrow unsupervised [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ed209

Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Gunnar Computerised Mountcutters

Re: Drawing software

Postby Fruitini » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 am

I'm in exactly the same position as you. Have had the same machine for a couple of weeks and have just about mastered single/double mounts and getting to grips with multi-aperture etc. Have found some excellent tutorials on the Valiani Cutting Machines from Crescent facebook group. I am very close to purchasing Corel Draw as it seems this is the go-to program for creating your own PLT files. It appears the Home and Student version sounds like the most affordable option and the best price I found was with a discount from the live chat option on the Corel website and I think they quoted about £85.

I am in the midst of a shop move at the moment so finding very little time to increase my knowledge of the machine and its capabilities but can't wait to get creative with in. In the meantime I have a job in to create a Liverpool '6 times' display but can't figure out how to make a 5-pointed star. The only one I can find in the software is one grouped with the turkey flag in the stars folder. Trying to make on from scratch I can line up the triangles correctly but can't figure out how to merge them. If anyone can help, or supply a PLT file I would be very grateful. Sorry to highjack your post but it appears we are in very similar positions!!
Fruitini

Organisation: Original Glory
Interests: Digital Art & Photography

Postby Ed209 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:37 pm

No problem with hi jacking my post I’m sure the reply’s we get (if any[emoji3]) will benefit us both.
Not had a chance to fire my Valiani up yet going to come back to the shop tonight to play (better give the micro bar a couple of doors away a miss until after)
We have just moved shop to a much bigger premises and it has been a fantastic move.

Ed209

Postby Fruitini » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Bizarre. We have just moved to a much bigger premises and we have a micro brewery/craft ale pub 2 doors up. And my name is Ed.......

Are you, me...?
Fruitini

Postby Ed209 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:10 pm

I may well be, not sure how the software works in licensing terms but we possibly go half’s on it.

In the meantime have you seen this film? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man ... ed_Himself

Ed209

Postby Steve N » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:22 am

Fruitini
"In the meantime I have a job in to create a Liverpool '6 times' display but can't figure out how to make a 5-pointed star. The only one I can find in the software is one grouped with the turkey flag in the stars folder. Trying to make on from scratch I can line up the triangles correctly but can't figure out how to merge them. If anyone can help, or supply a PLT file I would be very grateful. Sorry to highjack your post but it appears we are in very similar positions!!"

We cut stars all the time,. let me have your email and i send you a couple of files, 1 PLT and 1 vstudio

I use CorelDraw for all our shapes , export them from CorelDraw into VStudio
Steve CEO GCF (020)
"Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Steve N

Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhond,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Postby Fruitini » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:41 am

I've not seen that film!! At last some uncommon ground! Is the man in the film a haunted framer?!

Thanks Steve. Thats very helpful. Have PM'd my email address.
Fruitini

Postby Steve N » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Forgot to say, you can import SVG files, so you can use Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator and export as a SVG file, I think you use different colur lines to do different things, such as one colour for cutting, another for V-Groove, another for folding (as in box making) etc, the V-Studio help file have the info on the coloured lines
Steve CEO GCF (020)
"Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
Steve N

Interests: Walking our retired Greyhond,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Postby Fruitini » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks Steve. I appreciate your help today.
Fruitini

Postby Steve N » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm

No Problem, any time
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Steve N

Return to Technology - CMC's Computers Etc

• Advertisement

Picture Framer's Trade Directory
Picture Framer's Oracle

Members Map Header
Members Map
More info
Resources Header
Contact Forum Admin
Directory
How to include an image in your post
Cove Box Designer