PC memory requirements for running an HP2600n colour laser?

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

PC memory requirements for running an HP2600n colour laser?

Post by Not your average framer »

My brother has replaced his original colour laser printer with a newer model and was kind enough to give me the HP2600n which is now no longer needed. It appears that there may be some issues using this to print in colour, but I'm hoping that this is a driver issue, rather than an actual fault. I have not decided what I need it for yet, but printing my own full colour framing labels is probably likely to be a good start.

I recently enquired about buying a pack of laser transfer paper and was told that my black and white laser would be too hot for the paper, which is only suitable for colour laser printers. That was last week, but this week I now (unexpectedly) have a colour laser printer, so I'm good to go!

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find out how much memory my computer using Windows XP will need to be able to run this printer. I can't find this information online, or in the HP user guide.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: PC memory requirements for running an HP2600n colour las

Post by IFGL »

Not sure if you mean disk space or ram but I am going to go with 150 mb of free disk space and 64 mb of ram.

You should be able to get drivers and info here

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... peId=18972
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Just a bit of general advice regarding any new or second hand bit of computer hardware, never use the driver supplied on the cd with the equipment, always download the latest driver from the vendors website.

If the OS has been updated MAC or PC, then the supplied driver might not work or could be gimped, it can even cause problems in other areas.
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Aye, good advice there. The shop I used to work at sold them but that was a few years back. Good printer but expensive with toners etc. Any reasonable PC will be fine.
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

Windows: Microsoft Windows 98 SE and Me (driver only), 2000, XP 32-bit: 233 MHz processor with 64 MB RAM, 150 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB or network port Macintosh: G3 processor (G4 recommended), Mac OS X v 10.2 and later, 150 MB hard disk space

thats the system requirements

be careful with colour lasers, the cost of consumables is massive

if its printing cleanly then ok, if its not printing cleanly it could cost you more than the printer is worth to clean and replace drums belts etc
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Thanks Guys, for the information and advice.

Much Appreciated,
Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer