Integrated Mount Printer/Cutter

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

prospero wrote:I have not seen anything on the print market quite like them.
Funny you should mention that, Prospero. I found that much Celtic work was "derivative" of the form, rather than the form itself. I started teaching myself because I couldn't find stuff like this. Your comments give food for thought....

Regarding the size of the images, they're vector-based, therefore highly scaleable.

BTW, if I can ever afford a Marketing Manager, may I call on you! :wink:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
prospero

Post by prospero »

:) I am very cheap. :shock:
osgood

Post by osgood »

Mmmmmmm,.............................. "never buy cheap". :wink: :wink:
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Áine your work is stunning, I have always loved the use by artists over the years of the inspiration that the Book of Kell’s has provided

My brother has done this sort of work on Bodhrans for many years..... it is a very big part of the designs he puts on the Bodhrans http://www.bodhran.com/index2.htm

Jim Fitzpartick has also done similar type of work http://www.jimfitzpatrick.ie/index-d.html in fact my father (RIP) printed the first work that Jim published many years ago.........

Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Thankyou, Dermot!
Dermot wrote:I have always loved the use by artists over the years of the inspiration that the Book of Kell’s has provided
I agree. It is a magnificent legacy that the Kells artists bequeathed to the world. Aside from the major decorated pages, the illuminated letters are miniature masterpieces in their own right.

Here's a Kells "D" for you, Dermot. :)

Jim Fitzpatrick's work is beautiful. I like the way he fuses both Celtic art and mythology. (I was very sorry to read of your father's passing: may he rest peacefully.)

The bodhran is a deceptively simple-looking instrument, but it is by no means easy to play really well. In the right hands it is capable of such variation and subtlety. (BTW, Dermot, loved the beer & wine tips for softening the skin! :) )
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

My view on the Bodhran is that in most cases it should be played with a sharp knife :lol: :shock:
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Tá an ceart agat!! :lol:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
osgood

Post by osgood »

I received my "Book of Kells" DVD yesterday (wednesday).

Ordered it last thursday............strike me lucky............that's lightning fast delivery service from Ireland. Six days....................................you guys must have jet propelled carriers pigeons up there.

That's faster than getting some stuff from interstate here!
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

osgood wrote:......that's lightning fast delivery service from Ireland. Six days........
Wish it was that fast in Ireland!!

Maybe it wasn't pigeons. The Book has been described as the "work of angels" - perhaps they've got a sideline.... :wink:

I hope you enjoy the DVD, Ormond! :D
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
osgood

Post by osgood »

Áine,

I've only had a quick look so far, but will go right through it and check it all out.

Interesting comment in one part was that the 'writers' were more concerned with the way it looked than the accuracy of the content. It apparently contains many errors (from the original four gospels) and one page seems to have been done twice.

It's hard to imagine the amount of time spent on the whole book!
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Hmmm. Something's been nagging me since I first posted the link to the Kells site. I was sure that my disc was the "Book of Kells CD-ROM." From the little background snippet you just posted, Ormond, you've confirmed my suspicion that the DVD version is an upgrade.

Just been back to the site, and the DVD version is far more feature-rich than my 'CD' version: big improvements on page views/zooming (I had to do a helluva lot of work with a screen-capture utility to produce usable source material for my artwork), and it sounds like it has much more background information, too.

Lucky you!! (Now I know what I want from Santa! :D )
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
osgood

Post by osgood »

Áine,
The pictures on the DVD are embedded into the viewer files, so if I want some of the images, I will have to capture them.

I use the free version of Screenhunter 5 for captures. I like it a lot!
http://wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Great minds.... :wink:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB