Valiani green head cleaning

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Dan_LCT
Organisation: LCT Interior Solutions
Interests: Picture Frames and loud guitars

Valiani green head cleaning

Post by Dan_LCT »

Morning folks.

I need to clean the wheel on the green head on my valiani as It is starting to mark my mount card when cutting...
Does any one have any top secret method that they're willing to share or is simply a case of a bit of hot soapy water...?

ta :rock:
markw

Re: Valiani green head cleaning

Post by markw »

Meths on a qtip works for me. The wheel often picks up colour from dark boards that can leave marks as the head turns corners - quick wipe down at that point will often eliminate having to do a deep clean.. Pays to keep a spare wheel - and change it when the wheel looks a bit dog eared.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

How old is the wheel?
Agree with what Mark said.
Also look for it wearing on the shoulders/outer edges. This will cause an indention on the mount surface as well.

If you are finding an indent on the mount and you do not have a spare wheel to hand. Just back off the pressure to the head a little
John GCF
Dan_LCT
Organisation: LCT Interior Solutions
Interests: Picture Frames and loud guitars

Post by Dan_LCT »

Thanks for the advice fellas!
Was going to ask about the indents. It is starting to show signs. I do have a spare wheel to hand but comparing the two, I think ive still got a bit more use out of the current wheel! I'll back the pressure off a wee bit and see how I get on!
Canvasbay
Organisation: CanvasBay UK Ltd
Interests: Framing

Post by Canvasbay »

Merlin wrote: Thu 16 Apr, 2015 6:11 pm How old is the wheel?
Agree with what Mark said.
Also look for it wearing on the shoulders/outer edges. This will cause an indention on the mount surface as well.

If you are finding an indent on the mount and you do not have a spare wheel to hand. Just back off the pressure to the head a little
What will the wearing of the shoulders look like? Thanks
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

When you look at the roller, instead of a nice straight shape, it will look like a beer-barrel, wide in the middle smaller at each end, best to change it, we run our head pressure very low around 1psi , due to the work we produce, so our rollers last for years now, before we lowered the pressure they only lasted 2 months at a time
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/