Plug In Electric Vehicles - anyone got one

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Grahame Case

Plug In Electric Vehicles - anyone got one

Post by Grahame Case »

Hi All,

figured this was the best place for this, does anyone on the forum own a Plug in Electric Vehicle ?

looking for some opinions, tips and feedback from owners.

Scottish Govt. are currently offering an interest free loan towards purchase of one and i've been looking at a few models but i'm a bit confused with all the battery lease options and outright purchase options
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

Re: Plug In Electric Vehicles - anyone got one

Post by michelle »

we have had our Nissan leaf for over a year and we love it, the savings are amazing ( including car parking) . It just means you plan your long journeys a little differently but most day to day use is within range. We bought ours pre used from a dealer so no lease costs.
prospero

Re: Plug In Electric Vehicles - anyone got one

Post by prospero »

Electric vehicles have come on a lot in the last few years. They always tended to have the unfortunate image of
large invalid carriages, but electric motors can have as much if not more than petrol/diesel ones.
The big problem is refuelling. Hybrids are a fair compromise, but like everything else if there is demand things will
improve. Remember mobile phones with batteries like bricks that lasted about 3 hours if you didn't make a call? :lol:
Never driven an electric car but back in the '70s I drove an electric fork lift and that would go all day on a charge. Granted,
it didn't go fast or far for that matter but it lifted a lot of stuff.
Maybe gas stations will eventually do a quick battery swap service. Like in the old days of the stagecoach where they would
change the horses. :D

I saw a guy on TV who had made his own electric vehicle based on a old Toyota family saloon. He raced it against a Dodge Viper
and blew it away. 0-60 in 1.8 seconds. :shock: Electric motors have massive torque.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About