Valiani Offsets

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
markw

Valiani Offsets

Post by markw »

Has anyone out there a deep and thorough knowledge of the neccesary steps to calibrate the offsets on Valiani CMCs to achieve perfect notch free ovals/circles?
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Did you get this sorted Mark?

Calibrating a CMC can be a bit tricky, but it is well worth while to take your time and get it right.

The Valiani is a different machine, but I remember that the final delicate adjustment to get the Wizard to cut that perfect oval was achieved by modifying the plunge speed.
markw

Post by markw »

John. No - Ovals still remain a niggling problem - though I wouldnt blow it out of proportion. With a little pressure from another forum member we have got Valiani to appreciate that their solutions arent working as well as they percieve. The plunge point is the problem - as with all oval cutters - Valiani have adjustable offset tables that should control the blade - in my limited experience setting these tables to control every possible size of oval would mean my concentrating on nothing else. The use of a high tech piece of machinery is the answer - a piece of sandpaper. Valiani tell me that they are looking at software solutions to the calibration problem.

I have had the cutter for 3 months now - apart from the fairly minor niggle with ovals the machine has been a real step forward in the production of finished work from the workshop - you would have to cut my arms off to take it away from me.