Multiple Clipboards

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Roboframer

Multiple Clipboards

Post by Roboframer »

This is a copy and paste after googling a problem I had - I've not downloaded it yet - want to know if it's a good idea - sounds it!

"One of the most annoying deficiencies of MS Windows operating systems is that only one item can be stored in the clipboard at a time. Copy something, and the previous useful item is overridden. To overcome this, you can download and install the trial version of M8 Multi Clipboard which holds in the clipboard the last 30 items you've copied (words, phrases, photos, etc). The cut-down trial version is free and not time-limited. The all singing and dancing version costs only £10 but I've never felt that I needed that as the basic trial version does everything I want. You can download the trial version at http://m8software.com/clipboards/clipm8/clipm8.htm

The software runs minimised and is retrieved by clicking on an icon in the system tray at the bottom right-hand side of your screen. Alternatively, you can nominate one of the "F" function keys on your keyboard to call up the multi clipboard. The board also contains a very simple Help file showing you how to use it. You can see a screenshot of the simple free version of the clipboard at http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots//M ... ture_1.png

PS. Software and website are genuine and contain no viruses or adware. "
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Re: Multiple Clipboards

Post by silvercleave »

Robo

You can collect copied items from Word, and all the other MS software and store it in clipboard to paste where you like, have a look at the help menu and put in Clipboard, this explains it all.
Would put it in here, but would take too much space.
I use it in other applications as well

On word go to edit and select office clip board

Ian :)
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Multiple Clipboards

Post by John »

There are many applications that will provide this functionality. (Google: Enhanced Clipboard)

However, if as you compose your post, you occasionally click Preview it will keep your session alive and not time out.