cmc's general question

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

cmc's general question

Post by mikeysaling »

presume all these machines allow input direct to their own s/w interface - but do they all allow autocad 14 input - which is what i used to do to design ciggy cards years ago (cards are different sizes numbers vert/horiz etc) i found it best to design in my time and take a floppy to my man with the machine. he would have done it but price wise :sweating:
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
stcstc

Re: cmc's general question

Post by stcstc »

the gunnar software allows me to copy and paste from corel draw

but in saying that

the card layout i did of the football pitch only took about 5 mins to layout

so dont see why it should cost much unless the design was very complicated

i think all the main cmc's allow some kind of input from 3rd party software
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Valiani inputs from Corel Draw too.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Mikey
Not being too familiar with Autocad 14. what are/is the extension that they save too.

Corel Draw seems to be the preferred software package to generate CMC designs at the moment. Using either through 'Save As' or 'Export' method.

I am sure that all recent CMC's can handle those. Valiani certainly can.

Another way, without Corel Draw and within Valiani Future Mat Designer is the 'Array Openings' utility.

Two ways of working this after deciding on the size of your Cigarette card aperture. How many Horizontal opening and Vetical openings.
1) Mount Size as the Priority - Fixes the size of the mount and adjusts the spacing in both X and Y axis
2) Spacing as the Priority - Fixes the spacing between the apertures and adjusts the overall size of the mount.

If required, you then have the option of adjusting the orientation (Portrait or Landscape) individual or group apertures.

It took longer to type this than to actually accomplish a 50 aperture design ready to cut

Hope that helps
John GCF
Sam Cook
Organisation: Framers Corner
Interests: .

Post by Sam Cook »

Hi
If you want to create multi opening layouts I can send you a copy of the Wizard Mat Designer with a licence code. Then you can create mounts and save them to e-mail or take to another framer who can cut the designs for you! The multi layout section is very quick and simple to use and we have a couple of framers in your area that would be happy to do the work for you. Let me know if you want me to post you a copy.

Sam
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

Mikeysailing - If you have got the software from Sam yet, your Autocad 14 should save files as a DXF as an option, which you can import directly into wizard's pathtrace if you save it as the right sort of dxf. So you may find that someone local, as sam suggests, with a machine running Wizard software (Wizard, Crescent, Zund) can cut them for you.