Photoshop CS5 and Windows7

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Photoshop CS5 and Windows7

Post by Trinity »

I read some time ago that these two products were not compatible, is that still the case or can CS5 operate on W7 ok.
Thanks in anticipation
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
stcstc

Re: Photoshop CS5 and Windows7

Post by stcstc »

works fine on my machine

win7 64bit
cs5
Nigel Nobody

Post by Nigel Nobody »

Both of these products are the latest available, and Win7 was made available long before CS5 came out so Adobe had plenty of time to make their latest product compatible, so I don't understand why anyone would think that they were not compatible. :Slap:
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

the reason would be

adobe and microsoft, he he
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Sorry but I got this post right round my neck, what a numpty. I rushed it pre England game, but there's another story.
The compatibility issue I actually need help on is Windows 7 and the Canon IPF rnage of printers. I have a 6100 sat in a box,and I'm in the process of getting a new desktop. They all appear to come with Windows 7, I wondered if anyone has a similar set up.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

i dont think you should have too much trouble. i have 2 epson LFP's that are not current models and was able to get win 7 drivers no prob

the issues you have to watch for are colour management issues, i know someone who had problems with every first print out of photoshop (all be it on a mac) the first print ignored the colour management and paper profiles, and then everything was fine from print 2 onwards
markw

Post by markw »

Check the Canon website. I have just replaced my shop pc and the new one came installed with 64bit version of Windows 7. I have a 32 bit version of Windows 7 on a laptop and had very few problems loading a fairly wide range of programs on it - of various ages. In most cases updated drivers could be downloaded. The 64bit version seems to have far less support and I have experienced a few problems loading older software - and it would seem that even some new software doesn't seem to like it. (my Dymo printer just wont work on it - Dymo website has drivers for 64bit Vista - Beta version - its so buggy that i couldnt use it and no support for W7) W7 loads program files into 2 locations - 64bit programs into "programme files" 32 bit programmes into "programme files X86"

Having gone through a fairly steep learning curve loading Estlite on the new pc I can tell you that it has a strange habit of loading some very odd settings on the initial W7 setup - and you need to pay attention to checking that the date - time and currency settings have actually been set to the correct format - despite the fact that it will tell you that you have uk settings. As with most windows settings it has to be convinced that you really do want to make the changes to the settings - I reached the throwing it across the room point fairly quickly.

Conclusion I reached is dont load the 64bit version of W7 unless you really need to - stick with the 32bit version if possible. For some reason the 64bit version seems to be standard load on many machines. loading files onto the 64bit pc took hours longer than it should have.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Thanks for the replies, I actually missed a call over the weekend from the supplier so I've to ring monday - I'll let you know the outcome
Ian Goodman
Organisation: Ian Goodman Photography
Interests: Chinese Cooking.
Playing with my Grandchildren
Photoshop Training with Maitland U3A

Post by Ian Goodman »

Trinity wrote:I read some time ago that these two products were not compatible, is that still the case or can CS5 operate on W7 ok.
Thanks in anticipation
I use CS5 on a 64bit system ok as well as a 32bit win 7 on my notebook.

If you consider using CS5 Master Collection you would have to use a 64bit win 7 installation ( this is according to the Adobe CS5 Roadshow in Sydney June 2010).

I also have CS5 working on XP pro machine but only Photoshop.

Hope this helps