Box Cutting on a CMC

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Johnson_M
Organisation: WallSpace Picture Framers
Interests: An unhealthy obsession with frames, mounts and anything and everything relating to framing, mounting and fine art printing. I am also a bit of a geek when it comes to computers, especially involving our Valiani CMC and designing websites relating to photo frames.

Box Cutting on a CMC

Post by Johnson_M »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with creating postal boxes for frames using there CMC?

I have found a couple of designs that I've been playing about with but I'm finding it hard to easily adjust for different frame sizes.

Wondered if anyone else had any luck with this sort of thing? Has anyone here used the Valiani box cutting software (or seen it working)?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Re: Box Cutting on a CMC

Post by Merlin »

Mark
I have created a number of boxes on my VAL.

I also have the M3 box making suite from Valiani.

What problems are you getting.. PM me if you wish
John GCF
Jared Davis CPF, GCF
Organisation: Www.jareddavis.com.au
Interests: CMC's, Running

Post by Jared Davis CPF, GCF »

Hi Mark,

GUNNAR were the first CMC software to offer creasing and scoring options, with their innovation award-winning GUNNAR T1 tool head.

The new GUNNAR GMC software features several popular box making designs, integrated no extra cost, and they are completely flexible and adaptable, once you type in the 3 main box dimensions, the other dimnesions automatically "take care of themselves" - but still allow modification if required. Many of the box templates were based specifically on requests and suggestions from picture framers who owneed GUNNAR CMC's, and GUNNAR do not rely on 3rd party software, at an extra cost, to provide this feature.

I find these are most commonly used by framers for shipping smaller to mid sized frames, as well as gift lines for the shop.

Contact Sarah Osborne GCF from GUNNAR UK head office for any samples you want to see, or to arrange a demo -

GUNNAR UK
Tel: +44 (0) 7976 378 704
E-Mail: salesuk@gunnar-int.com
www.gunnar-int.com

Jared Davis MCPF, GCF
Gunnar Australia
markw

Post by markw »

Nice sales pitch Jared - but it failed to answer Marks question - He's got a Valiani.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

I intend to get the Valiani box making software very soon, I have already seen what it can do and I was very impressed, lots of potential for the software.

The Valiani software is very easy to use and it is based on international standards for box making with well over 300 standard type boxes already in the library of templates.
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

what materials are people using to make the boxes
Jared Davis CPF, GCF
Organisation: Www.jareddavis.com.au
Interests: CMC's, Running

Post by Jared Davis CPF, GCF »

we've found that 2mm thick e-flute has been the most popular - it looks good if it is celloglazed too.

Cheers,

Jared