Pre-View

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Keith

Pre-View

Post by Keith »

Hi All
I'm getting the Pre-View visualization program and was wondering if you have any tips on installing the camera or putting the mount and moulding samples in etc.
Also what ceiling bracket did you use and where can I get one from, the only ones I can see are the ones in Maplins.

Thanks Keith
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Keith,

The brackets used for security cameras will usually do the job, the ones from Maplins should be ok.

Don't forget that you must use a USB REPEATER CABLE to connect camera to computer, ordinary extension cables are no good. You can join two or more together to make up the required length.

Contrary to my earlier findings with the beta release, the Vista OS is not suitable for visualisation.
Lemon_Drop

Post by Lemon_Drop »

I tried it out on the official version of Windows Vista. it wont work yet on the 64 or 32 bit versions. But its a good program and worth the money.
The Vista issue will be sorted sooner rather than later.

I also tried Estlite on Vista , it works. But when I updated the list of suppliers Glenwood Mouldings is missing. I got their price list on a download update and it now seems to be not there anymore, even though the spreadsheet is on the computer at work.
Oh! well, The strange case of the vanishing supplier. :?:
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Thanks for the Vista feedback LD.

The Glenwood problem might be because your Vista machine does not 'know' that it is Irish. When you run EstLite go to Options/International, a box there will display your operating system's location and currency settings.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hi Keith
I have installed Pre-view in the shop. Brilliant, just so easy to use it and up-sell.

The mount we use is the Maplin one. SH73Q. The reason I went for this one is that it has -all axis - controls.
We have a suspended ceiling, so all it needed was to remove one of the tiles and build in a 'shadow type box' painted white.
I will post photos tomorrow of our setup.
We went for two screens - a big bonus.
The USB cable length was 5m, so fortunately did not have to use any type of active or repeater cable. I am not experiencing any data drop out or low quality pictures.
It took a while to set it up to our lighting conditions. The best was Pre-View remote driver and use the 'Manual setting'
We mainly use Arqadia moulding. That was easy as you just download the moulding from within the programme direct from Arqadia. The other moulding was input from the picture taken by the camera.
Mountboard was also put in this way, as I found that the colours of the mounts from Arqadia, were shaded differently that what they actually are.
Running XP with it. The only down side is that the shop is not internet connected, so I have to do any downloads here at home then Memory stick them to the shop. Buty hey at the end of the day thats not a big problem.

Just working on a better poster for the shop window advertising it and looking at getting the local press in soon to do a PR dit on it...
John GCF
Lemon_Drop

Post by Lemon_Drop »

Right again John. Glenwood Mouldings is there.
Thanks. :lol:
Keith

Pre-View

Post by Keith »

Hi Thanks to all for replying I'm looking forward to getting it up and running, no doubt you will be hearing from me again.

Keith
markw

Post by markw »

Hi Keith - you can always pop over to Tetbury - I've had PreView running for some time now. Whilst an advantage to have a moveable bracket for the set-up - once in place you probably wont move it again - an angle bracket with suitable size bolt into camera body works effectively.

I have a grid on the worktop under my camera - this is aligned to the camera so that I can square up and centre the image. The Grid can be cut on the CMC using a v groove cut. Give me a shout if you want the Fu2 file.
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

For those interested. Here is my Pre-View setup.

[/img]

John GCF
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hi Thank you both, The set up looks very neat John, I can see why it took a while to set up but worth it. The camera arrived today and I'm picking the bracket up this afternoon.

If I could Mark I would like to come over and have a look at your set up, it would certainly help to see one running, would you lkie me to ring you first.

Thanks
Keith
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Woah!!!

Someone recently brought in an original oil just like that one - d'ya think someone coulda copied it!!

:wink:
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

yep thats right, they are all 'originals'

All copied from a master and all slightly different.

They sell very well indeed. Could be anywhere really.
John GCF
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Nice Job John.....Now I'm going to have to visit your shop!

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

Merlin Framers wrote:Hi Keith
I have installed Pre-view in the shop. Brilliant, just so easy to use it and up-sell.
John,

What a nice looking setup.....I'm truly impressed! Thanks for sharing and adding the images. You should make some prints to send up to Martin Harrold's program if you don't plan on attending.
The mount we use is the Maplin one. SH73Q. The reason I went for this one is that it has -all axis - controls.
Please share a link to this source for others to see and find.
... The only down side is that the shop is not internet connected, so I have to do any downloads here at home then Memory stick them to the shop. Buty hey at the end of the day thats not a big problem.
That will change :wink: ....I'll bet that within a year, you'll have the shop connected. I ran ours without connection for about 2 years....then had a DSL high speed line put in for our entire phone service. For POS pricing downloads it's a snap!

John McAfee has done a nice job with this program....and I'm becoming a fan of the database images.

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog