Setting the alarm clock

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

Setting the alarm clock

Post by Roboframer »

Had to get up at 6 this morning, we drove to Excel London for the Craft Hobby & Stitch show (and very good it was too). So last night Pat tried to re-set the radio alarm ...

"#### - I've gone past it ........(tap tap tap, mutter mutter mutter) #### - I think it's on PM"

Lots more tapping, muttering and GRRRRRRR-ing

I got out of bed, went and got my i phone, pressed and held the button for Siri and said "wake me up at 6 am"

Siri said "Your alarm is set for six o'clock"

Job done!

I lerve my i phone.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: Setting the alarm clock

Post by IFGL »

I love my phone too, I simply press some buttons and voila, alarm set and I never have to say a word!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Well if I'd done it manually I would also have had to find my glasses - I'd never done it that way before, I just assumed Siri would sort it, when he did I said "That's just taking the p***" Pat fell about, well, she would have if she wasn't already lying down.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

I had a similar experience a few year's ago when I got my first smart phone, I jokingly asked it to ring a business, I was about to Google the number, it actually found it and rang it.

Google is getting a bit scary, a few days after getting this phone, it woke me up as I looked at the screen it said 15 minutes to work via Sheffield parkway, now you might think what's scary about that, I did not tell it where I work it knew from tracking my movements, it was bloody bob on too, now it seems natural to look each morning to see if there are any delays.

the navigation is beyond belief too giving you street view at the end and often a photo of the building I am going to.

the freekyest thing though had to be reading text and as I started to get to the end of the page it scrolls up by tracking your eye's as you look up again it stops, that actually made me think I had super powers.
prospero

Post by prospero »

My alarm clock has four legs, whiskers and goes "meooooow". :puss:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About