shopping local

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

shopping local

Post by IFGL »

If I can! I try to shop at independent retailers in my area, if possible with the ones that use my services, this paid off this week, my TV decided to die, I have had it a few years so assumed it was out of warranty, I phoned the shop I got it from Williams Electrical, they are a few doors down from my Woodseats shop, I told them of the problem I was having, the lady remembered me buying it, looked on their system and said... that came with our 5 year guarantee you have 3 months left on it, BUGGER ME! does this mean you will fix it for free?
No! Come and pick a new one, we will deliver it and pick up the old one.
So my old one is a 50" 3d HD, expensive at £1700, the replacement is a 55"4K smart TV, I put a couple of hundred in for the size up grade.

Best thing is the new one comes with a new 5 year guarantee!
prospero

Re: shopping local

Post by prospero »

I always fill up at the local garage, unless I'm a distance away.
My mother said I should go to Tescos as their petrol is cheaper.
I said Tescos don't come and tow you home when you conk out. :lol:

I suppose nowadays people buy a lot of stuff online. Me included. Especially small things. Just sit at the PC and more often than not the item comes the next day. In a rural area this saves a lot of time and general running about. So my custom might go to a company the other end of the country. But someone at that other end may equally do similar and buy something online from someone in my locality.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: shopping local

Post by IFGL »

We all use the tinterweb for buying these days, I do try to shop local if I can though, there is a curry's just down from Williams, I know Curry's is cheaper, but the service from Williams is worth the extra, I had not even filled out the warranty card, they said, don't worry about it, we will sort it, try getting that from an online retailer or Curry's for that matter.