Christmas TV

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
prospero

Christmas TV

Post by prospero »

When I were a lad there were lots of good programmes on TV at Christmas. You could look forward
to specials of your fav progs. There was the Two Ronnies, Morcambe & Wise. These used to empty pubs.
I realise that's ancient history but even in recent years you get the occasional gem.

Back in the day there were three channels. Four after 19eightysomething. Today I've got squillions.
And what delights were watchable over the holiday period. B*gger all that's what. :(

On Sky channels nowt special. UKTV Gold was almost entirely Only Fools and Horses. I like Only Fools and Horses
but I don't want to watch it all day every day. And I've seen them all several times before to boot.
I ended up watching Carry On films. Which I've also seen more than several times before but found them
far more entertaining than the rest of the miscellaneous drivel.

There was a good movie on Film4 last night. The Imitation Game. I enjoyed that. :D But it wasn't really
Christmas TV. :?

I realise tastes vary, but anyone see anything remotely good on TV over Christmas? :SD
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
sable filbert
Organisation: framing
Interests: London, boats, bikes, ghosts

Re: Christmas TV

Post by sable filbert »

Not much agreed....Rick Stein and his weekends were good :)
Sheerluck Homes was a disappointment. Less cerebral, more oh I dunno, 'The Professionals'. :Slap:

Mind, the P would have been alright..much like Arfur D.
prospero

Re: Christmas TV

Post by prospero »

Who the heck is Rick Stein? :roll: :D :lol: :ninja:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About