I've fired my secretary

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
kaptain.kopter

I've fired my secretary

Post by kaptain.kopter »

Today is my birthday and I really didn’t feel like waking up this morning. I managed to pull myself together and go downstairs for breakfast, hoping my wife would be pleasant and say, “Happy Birthday!”, and possibly have a small present for me. As it turned out, she barely said good morning, let alone “Happy Birthday.” I thought… Well, that’s marriage for you, but the kids… They will remember.

My kids came trampling down the stairs to breakfast, ate their breakfast, and didn’t say a word to me. So when I made it out of the house and started for work, I felt pretty dumpy and despondent.

As I walked into the studio, my secretary Joanne said, “Good Morning Martin, and by the way Happy Birthday!” It felt a bit better knowing that at least someone remembered. I worked in a zombie like fashion until about one o’clock, when Joanne knocked on my door and said, “You know, it’s such a beautiful day outside, and it’s your Birthday, why don’t we go out for lunch, just you and me.” I said, “Thanks, Joanne, that’s the best thing I’ve heard all day. Let’s go!”

We went to lunch but not where we’d normally go. Instead she took me to a quiet bistro with a private table. We had a couple of mixed drinks and I enjoyed the meal tremendously. On the way back to the office, Joanne said, “You know, It’s such a beautiful day… We don’t have to go right back to the office, do we?” I replied with “I suppose not. What do you have in mind?” She said, “Let’s go to my apartment, it’s just around the corner.”

After arriving at her apartment, Joanne turned to me and said, “If you don’t mind, I’m going to step into the bedroom for just a moment. I’ll be right back.” “Ok.” I nervously replied. She went into the bedroom and, after a couple of minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake…
Followed by my wife, my kids, and dozens of my friends, all singing “Happy Birthday”.
And I just sat there…
On the couch…
Naked.
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

www.martinchadwickphotography.com
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Chortle!
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

Priceless...Happy Birthday
Pat
prospero

Post by prospero »

Bloody Hell. You had me going for while there Kap. :oops:

btw. If you ever do get into a real situation like that (without the suprise party) and have to think of a good excuse, all you need do is get a piece of chalk and put it behind your ear and go home and tell the absolute truth. Women don't miss anything, so the wife will call you a lying bastard and accuse you of being out all night playing darts.

So that's alright then. :lol:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

ImageHappy Birthday, Kaptain K!! Image
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
kaptain.kopter

Post by kaptain.kopter »

Thanks all.

Not really worth celebrating but can't turn down the wife taking me out for a curry. :D

Martin
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

www.martinchadwickphotography.com
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

Just read this thread. Belated hippo birdie 2 ewe, KK. Loved the joke :clap: :clap:
osgood

Post by osgood »

Happy Birthday Kaptain!
I hope you have plenty more of them and good health to enjoy them all!
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

Just make the birthday last all week end so us latecomers can wish you happy birthday too. :cake:
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

Oh no! I'll have to have several drinks for KK tonight, on top of a few for someone elses B'day and the ones I was going to drink anyway! It's going to be a dark ale night, so the quilt's going to be hovering 4ft above the bed by the morning! (parp) :oops:
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

TMI!!! :shock:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.