rechargeable vacuum

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

rechargeable vacuum

Post by mikeysaling »

has anyone purchased a rechargeable vacuum that really works - ie suitable for cleaning the car etc - i have a dustbuster and it really is not up to the job after only a year - doesnt hold charge and no more than 10 mins etc

appreciate any links to a good one. I could say the one i have 'really sucks' except it doesn't!!! :head:
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Re: rechargeable vacuum

Post by Bill Henry »

I have a Black & Decker Dustbuster, and, like yours, it doesn’t hold a charge more than a few minutes. It is the third battery operated vacuum I’ve had in about fifteen years. I only use it to clear our work table tops when there is grit or shards of glass, so the charge doesn’t have to hold too long for our needs.

But, the thing that really annoys me is that they keep changing the model, so the filter screens are no longer available for my unit.

I’m sure that the battery technology has improved over the years so a new one would hold a charge longer, but I don’t want to contribute to a company that deliberately designs their product with planned obsolescence in mind.

I’ve seen some "construction type", heavy-duty battery operated vacuums in the hardware store, and while they would probably run for twenty minutes at a time, they weigh a ton and wouldn’t be too pleasant to use for the simple, quick, light weight applications I need it for.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Re: rechargeable vacuum

Post by mikeysaling »

i'm gonna buy another - different make - let you all know how i get on! i only use the thing for the car and clearing small chips from the mitre chopper .
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.