A Sad Time...

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

A Sad Time...

Post by Moglet »

Hi all,

Yes. Moglet is still going and thinking of you, but the universe is still throwing challenges my way. I miss you, and miss posting here, but plan to return when I have achieved some modicum of stability.

I am sorry that my first post in so long is a sad one, but I just wanted to mark the passing of Danú, my beloved critter baby for 7½ very short years. She made her final journey on Sunday afternoon after a brave but short battle with liver problems. She will always remain in my heart, and will remain as the Moglet avatar that many of you know so well.

Next time you're raising a glass, please drink a little toast to one of the loveliest and gentlest moggies ever, my beloved Danú Happycat...

I am blessed to have been her Critter Mom.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: A Sad Time...

Post by John »

I'm sorry to see, Moglet, that your first post in ages is such a sad one.

I hope you will soon be your old self.

:bear:
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

It's bittersweet, John. I'm only this sad because I was so blessed to be the one chosen to share her life.

Thank you dear friend for being there for us.

((((J))))
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Nigel Nobody

Post by Nigel Nobody »

Aine,
I'm very sorry for your loss! It's a sad time indeed to lose a friend and member of the family.
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Thank you so much, Ormond, for your condolences. They are such a comfort to me, and I need all of that I can get right now.

((((Ormond))))
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
fineedge

Post by fineedge »

Áine - sorry to hear the sad story - but pleased to hear you will retain the avatar - It is after all the way we recognize you ............ God bless!!!
Alan
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Áine,

The Tandragee Two would like to add their two pennyworth.

Really sorry to hear about Danu. Sadly all of us have to go at some time and those left behind just have to survive on the happy memories. I'm sure you've had more than one or two of those over the years with Danu and the Avatar will mean she's around for some time to come. You can collect a couple of hugs when we see you at Stratford but in the meanwhile it's down to our "lovin' teddy bear" once again. :bear: :bear: :bear:
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Thanks Alan, Rolf & Sam. Will take the hugs any way I can get 'em, and I'm very grateful. Not ready for the happy memories yet - too raw. But I'm glad that this time I'm able to cope with seeing my little darling's image every day (still can't do that for Ammie and Tara...). It makes me feel closer to her beautiful spirit.

((((Hugs))))
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Aine,

I too am sorry to hear your sad news. These things are never easy to accept, but some cats recipricate in affection with their owners, etc. and leave a very big hole when they pass away.

It's when they are gone that you really know how much you were blessed with something special.

I don't always have time to look at this part of the forum, so I have only recently noticed that you are back and it's very nice to have you back.

All the best,
Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer