What's on your walls at home?

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

What's on your walls at home?

Post by Roboframer »

If you walked into my house you'd probably never guess I was a framer. there's some nice pieces about sure, but no medals, nothing 3-D, no needlework, nothing 'creative' and only two originals and I painted one of those!

12 pieces between the living room, dining room and hall and a few nothing pictures in the bedrooms and bathroom.

I am ex forces, my medals and a shedful of photos are in drawers, the loft - the very places I encourage my customers to get them out of and on to their walls. Maybe it's because I know I can do it whenever I want, maybe it's because I value them too much to frame!!!!! Maybe it's because I don't like bringing my work home! The largest wall in my house is bare! (V NIce wallpaper though!)

How about you?
markw

Post by markw »

my house is full of pictures - mostl are originals -that will give framing norah something to talk about as I am always defending limited editions. My wife has a habit of demanding that i frame stuff that she likes. I have four children - lots of photos. I sell country sports prints - lots of dogs etc - I dont have any at home - I suppose the simple reason for that is the ones i like always sell.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Every wall - totally covered.

Mementos, original art, family photos, you name it. No particular order, except that one wall is reserved for the family ancestors.

(The only limited editions are those with a special meaning. We would still have them if they were open editions.)

Means never having to decorate as none of the walls can be seen anyway. :)
georgeh

What's on your walls

Post by georgeh »

being overseas and missing the footie i decided to frame photos of my 3 favourite players, since i hung them i n the spare bedroom one has retired through injury, one has been transferred and the other one has put a transfer request in.

I'm thinking of hanging a pic. of the manager next see if i can get 4 out of 4

I can provide this service on behalf of other teams as requested

George Hannah
Sibu
Sarawak
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

You realise, George, that you are now going to be inundated with photographs of ex-wives, mothers in law, etc. to be hung in your spare bedroom. :)
georgeh

Post by georgeh »

Is there any software available for pricing this
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

When you can offer a service like this, the sky's the limit. You'll have no shortage of customers, no matter how much you charge. :)