Newbie !!

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Caz755

Newbie !!

Post by Caz755 »

Hi All,

Having watched your forum for a few weeks, I thought I'd better introduce myself, and us/our company!

I'm Caroline, I work for a company called Alcester Glass Centre, located in Alcester, Warwickshire, UK. We do glass, glazing, picture framing etc etc.

I am by trade however a Complementary Therapist (Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Swedish Body Massage, Indian Head Massage, Facials and Reiki Healing).....

One day, my friend tells me his dad has bought a new machine for work, and because its attached to a computer wonders if I can help out in any way...So I take a trip to Alcester Glass and find a Valiani CMC in front of me, after a play with the software and the occasional snapped blade, I have now been accepted as mount cutter! Certainly a little different to massaging achy muscles and stress relief, but I must admit its been fun learning what this machine is capable of.

I have noticed a few of you already own such machines, I have spoken to John Cooper (Merlin Framers) who has been a star in pointing me in the right direction for information. (Many thanks John). I am always on the look out for new info, so if anyone has anything they can offer, please PM me and I'll reply asap!!

We have a small art gallery upstairs in our showroom, so if any of you are passing through Alcester, please feel free to drop in and introduce yourselves!!

Well I guess I've bored you all enough now, so I'll just say hello, thanks for reading, and I hope I'll get to meet some of you in the future.

All the Best!! Caroline! :D
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Caroline,

Great to have you on the forum. You have an interesting story, an unusual progression from complimentary medicine to CMC/computer wiz.

Many thanks for the invite, I always love to see other framers' setups, and also enjoy visits from others in the trade.
Caz755

Post by Caz755 »

Hi John,

Whereabouts are you based? I am also interested in visiting as many people as I can. Do you have a Valiani too?

I am an absolute beginner in the framing industry, my friends business has been going for 25 years now, thankfully I dont touch the framing, I just cut mounts!

And the odd bit of...(to use this term very loosely) Artwork!! haha.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Caroline, I am in Belfast. You are more than welcome to drop by anytime.

We have an ancient (manual) Valiani, so can't be much help to you with your CMC model. But there are a couple of guys here who will be very helpful.